What's new

Trying out some new reloading accessories.

I used the dawn+lemishine recipe for a time as well, but to be honest the Frankford Arsenal brass cleaning solution is just better. I mix it at the recommended 40:1 and can run 2 batches of brass before I change out to a fresh mix.

Well I backed off on the amount of pins to roughly a lb., 75 .223 cases (roughly a lb.), and less Dawn and Lemishine. Ran for about 4 hrs., turned out well.

Good!

Despite the small size and limited capacity the HFT rock tumblers have two nice advantages: unloading and refilling the drums is quick and easy (I use an RCBS media separator which has a lid) and the unit runs QUIET.

Those reloading company wet tumblers from Lyman (Cyclone), Frankford Arsenal (FART, FART Lite), American Mettalic (Midway's House Brand), and RCBS are all very very loud.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I used the dawn+lemishine recipe for a time as well, but to be honest the Frankford Arsenal brass cleaning solution is just better. I mix it at the recommended 40:1 and can run 2 batches of brass before I change out to a fresh mix.

Well I got a lot of Lemishine to use up before I consider changing formulas anytime soon and it seems to work fine, now that I have the proportions sorted out.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
If I ever feel the need to upscale my wet tumbling operation, I was looking at the Hornady wet tumbler, anyone have any insight on those? Looks like a nice unit although it lacks the capacity of the FART.

Sorry, no. The most popular rotary tumbler on the ARFCOM reloading board are Frankford Arsenal products.

Last month a buddy lent me his Thumler's Model "B" and it was not too shabby. Was able to tumble 3-3.5 lbs of brass at a time.

Runs quiet. The lid with the six knobs to tighten/untighten is a bit of a PITA.

Hornady makes good stuff. I'd say you wouldn't go wrong with one.

Top Bottom