What's new

Trying a new weekly system.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
The best laid plans ....

Indeed. This is the direction I'm currently headed, but am known for veering off on a different direction at a whim. :) Personally, I would prefer to be without a system, but at the moment it is necessary to ensure I progress a little with everything every week. Hopefully, once everything is working in prime condition, and I'm fully competent with them all, I'll be back to free choices again.

My soap usage is pretty static. There's three in the bathroom, but most of my shaves are done with just one, and there's only one brush in there too. DE blades are being longevity tested, and I'm working through a pile of samples. Some last 10 shaves, but some last 30+

I like a little variety, but find my best shaves tend to come from consistency, so it's a balancing act. Blades are the variable which seems to make the least amount of difference to the shave, so I don't mind those being inconsistent. Also, bouncing between a straight, SE and DE doesn't mess up my razor handling as much as swapping between different DE razors does, so on DE days, it's usually the same razor.

Indeed. This is the direction I'm currently headed, but am known for veering off on a different direction at a whim. :) Personally, I would prefer to be without a system, but at the moment it is necessary to ensure I progress a little with everything every week. Hopefully, once everything is working in prime condition, and I'm fully competent with them all, I'll be back to free choices again.

My soap usage is pretty static. There's three in the bathroom, but most of my shaves are done with just one, and there's only one brush in there too. DE blades are being longevity tested, and I'm working through a pile of samples. Some last 10 shaves, but some last 30+

I like a little variety, but find my best shaves tend to come from consistency, so it's a balancing act. Blades are the variable which seems to make the least amount of difference to the shave, so I don't mind those being inconsistent. Also, bouncing between a straight, SE and DE doesn't mess up my razor handling as much as swapping between different DE razors does, so on DE days, it's usually the same razor.
What, 30+? Wow!!!!!

I'm lucky if I get 4-6 out of a DE blade and 2-3 out of a GEM one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I broke pattern again today.

I did spend some time trying to refine the edge on the Rolls, but after inspecting it with my most powerful magnifier (which is not that powerful at all, really) it was clear that the bevel still isn't set on one side. I need to get something coarser to work with to get the bevel fully established, and then take it right back through the progression. I suspect I'll need to do the same with the Darwin too.

I've come to appreciate your posts the more I get to know you. You are a free thinker as I consider myself. We don't follow the crowds. We are evidenced based. What's funny is neither of us think the same. We have our own path to follow.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I've come to appreciate your posts the more I get to know you. You are a free thinker as I consider myself. We don't follow the crowds. We are evidenced based. What's funny is neither of us think the same. We have our own path to follow.

Thank you :)

It's always interesting to hear what others have to say, and sometimes it can lead to interesting experiments, but I've always been one to find my own way rather than tread in the footsteps of others. It's good that we don't think the same, it makes reading each others posts more interesting :D

Top Bottom