What's new

Trying a new finish

I typically use a Cyanoacrylate (superglue) finish on these brushes, but to be honest I hate working with Cyanoacrylate. This afternoon I experimented with a latex paint finish. It applied much easier and I was even able to apply some textured lines. This color is hard to photograph, but it’s pretty close to Robins Egg Blue. Hopefully it will hold up overtime.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I typically use a Cyanoacrylate (superglue) finish on these brushes, but to be honest I hate working with Cyanoacrylate. This afternoon I experimented with a latex paint finish. It applied much easier and I was even able to apply some textured lines. This color is hard to photograph, but it’s pretty close to Robins Egg Blue. Hopefully it will hold up overtime.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I would put a clear finish over it to make it last, spray on poly would be great over it and easy to apply to a flawless finish.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Latex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clear coat options may be limited. Is the second to last picture close to the color?

It's beautiful by the way.

Don't know why you couldn't just cover it with a water based clear coat. Should hold up fine if you rotate your brushes.

The latex paint vs oil based is irrelevant for finishing if using an oil based or poly finish.
You can't put a water based finish over an oil paint technically without an in between finish like shellac.
Poly is the best for durability and will easily go over the latex paint.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Very nice looking brush handle. It looks very good to me. Congratulations on the job.

Top Bottom