What's new

try this

ok so about two weeks ago i woke up and wanted to try somthing different.
i had tried the tom's of maine shaving cream and it left my skin feeling really good but had "issues" with lather.
palmolive lathers nice but doesnt give that "moisterizing tingle" that you get from the toms.

so just to try somthing i mixed the two and the results were great. so great thats what i have used for the past two weeks. (plus they are both dirt cheap)

if any one else has treid this or has question or opinions let me know:smile:

matthew

Hi Matthew

I use Honeybee Spa unscented with my english creams- I get the best out of both that way! :biggrin:
I know Mr. Scotto mixes it up also..

I have a dim recollection that Colgate which makes palmolive acquired Tom's a few years ago. Perhaps they could launch a new product

Interesting that you mention this. I liked the Palmolive, but I don't care for the smell of it. I have some pepermint oil in the house and thoought about putting a few drops in with the Palmolive. I will post the results. Maybe that will provide a naic tingle, like Proraso.

actually the result of the toms/pamolive is very close to proraso (since the toms is peppermint based)

matthew

gc_30286 said:
ok so about two weeks ago i woke up and wanted to try somthing different.
i had tried the tom's of maine shaving cream and it left my skin feeling really good but had "issues" with lather.
palmolive lathers nice but doesnt give that "moisterizing tingle" that you get from the toms.

so just to try somthing i mixed the two and the results were great. so great thats what i have used for the past two weeks. (plus they are both dirt cheap)

if any one else has treid this or has question or opinions let me know:smile:

matthew

Mixing is all part of the fun. Especially when you have accumulated too much stuff and get bored. It breaks the monotony and you may indeed find a winning combination!

Goosemeplease said:
Hi Matthew

I use Honeybee Spa unscented with my english creams- I get the best out of both that way! :biggrin:
I know Mr. Scotto mixes it up also..

Great idea/tip, since trying the Honeybee soap I have all but gave up using anything else. Based on your recommnedation, I have now found a way to make use of my creams and still get the Honeybee shave. Now to get the unscented on my next order. Thanks

gundog said:
Great idea/tip, since trying the Honeybee soap I have all but gave up using anything else. Based on your recommnedation, I have now found a way to make use of my creams and still get the Honeybee shave. Now to get the unscented on my next order. Thanks

I dunno, it seems more fun somehow to combine scents.

I got the bug after reading this.

Today, I mixed some Colonel Ichabod Conk with some Palmolive. Just as I was beginning to get good lather multi-colored lightening bolts beamed in to my shaving bowl and I saw the faces of greek gods portrayed in plaster.

Tomorrow I'm going to repeat the process in a large corningware bowl in the back yard.

I know an adjunct professor that teaches at caltech in pasadena (well, we talked for about a minute in an elevator at Nordstroms). I'm going to ask him about it.

Top Bottom