What's new

Trumping Trumper's?

Hello all. I started DE shaving in November and now that I've mastered not carving my face up, I'm looking to expand my horizons on shaving creams. I currently have a tub of Trumper's Violet, which I love, but I really have nothing to compare it to.

I just bought a $20.00 coupon worth $40.00 of shaving supplies from a place called groominglodge.com from group-on and was looking to take advantage of the collective wisdom of B&B!

My skin is pretty sensitive so anything that dries on the face quickly is probably a bad idea for me. I noticed in a lot of the reviews that T&H does just that, but it's hard to navigate so many opposing views.

I suppose I'm begging for the same kind of response here heh, but for those with very sensitive skin, throw me your two cents! Thanks!

On a side note, the entire process of shaving has become a welcome and relaxing process. I actually wake up extra early on shave-days to take full advantage of the time it gives me to relax and enjoy this wonderful regimen. Thanks to everyone who got me going!

Dave Rossi

I just bought DR Harris rose cream.

Based on the first try with it, I thought it made a thicker, more protective lather than Trumpers (coconut).

It's certainly worth considering.

That being said, I haven't tried T&H yet & am definitely planning to, at some point.

Other than scent preference there is not a dime's worth of difference between any of the well known English shaving creams. They all work well.

T&H does seem a bit drier but adding a bit of glycering allows you to use more water to hydrate it so it becomes a slicker cream. But yes, you do need to move more quickly with T&H or just relater those spots that have dried.

I too am looking to extend my cream selection - I have just placed an order for TOBS Rose and DR Harris Lavender but am still drawn to the GFT Violet! How do you find it?

I too am looking to extend my cream selection - I have just placed an order for TOBS Rose and DR Harris Lavender but am still drawn to the GFT Violet! How do you find it?

Note to self:
1. Do not hijack this thread
2. Ask Mr Q about his 'Pelikan' avatar - another M1000 lover?

I like Trumpers.
If you can afford, give Top Secret a try (it's on Vintagescent) or Proraso or Plamolive.
Great creams.

T&H does seem a bit drier but adding a bit of glycering allows you to use more water to hydrate it so it becomes a slicker cream. But yes, you do need to move more quickly with T&H or just relater those spots that have dried.

+1 fors sure. I always keep a bottle of glycerine on hand. Still an awesome cream with great scents!

AOS Lavander is very good for sensitive skin and smells amazing, one of the best lavander scents or if you prefer also there are unscented.

Top Bottom