What's new

Trumpers vs TOBS Coconut creams

For those who have tried both, how would you compare these two creams scent wise. I have the TOBS version and I think it is a good performer, but the scent is nothing special for me. The Coconut seems to be one of Trumpers more popular creams. Is it the Trumpers scent or performance that makes it so popular, or is it both? thanks

Never used TOBS coconut, but have used others, and I quite like their creams, and their products in general.
I feel like Trumper is every so slightly nicer feeling on my face, has slightly better glide and lather takes longer to dry. Overall it it just feels a bit more special to me. Coconut in these is very mild smelling, at least to my nose.

I wouldn't put my money on any of this in blind test though, since I haven't used them back to back, this is all from memory, it's been a while since I used TOBS.

I got a GREAT shave with trumpers and liked the scent but it affected my face. I may give it one more go. I tried a sample.

I had the Geo F. Trumper Coconut Oil Shaving Cream a while back.
I liked the performance of this product, but I don’t like coconut scented shaving creams.
So I was glad when I reached the bottom ;)

For better lather, I give the nod to Trumper (very similar to T&H).
However, to me, both (Trumper & TOBS) Coconut offerings smell artificial.

Top Bottom