What's new

Trumper's Violet Cream

Ok, question guys...Is this stuff really worth $25 a tub? I've heard good things, but would like honest feedback about the floral creams..

So how about it? Good?

Justso said:
Ok, question guys...Is this stuff really worth $25 a tub? I've heard good things, but would like honest feedback about the floral creams..

So how about it? Good?
Well...for me...yes. Its probably one of the pre-eminent creams on the market. And a tub will last a year, longer if you rotate it with other creams. Have you tried a sample?

--Mark

no, never tried a sample. I bought a tube of Trumper's Sandalwood and was not impressed at all..felt it was overpriced and nasty smelling..I've had much more success with Taylor creams...but i'm intrigued by the violet. I'm just not sure I want to spend the $

I personally don't care for it. A bit too sickly-sweet in scent. Trumpers doesn't shave well for me - I stick to my beloved (and cheaper) Taylors.

Where does one get a sample of this? I've been wondering the same thing. I see they have a travel tube, but that is still about $12 plus shipping.

TAsunder said:
Where does one get a sample of this? I've been wondering the same thing. I see they have a travel tube, but that is still about $12 plus shipping.

You can request samples directly from Trumpers. Go to their website and e-mail them.

smoothfacejeff said:
I heard some negative remarks about Trumpers violet so I don't know if I should buy it or leave it alone.

Jeff

I like it, but I'd request a sample if I was you...unless you feel like selling it on the forum if you don't like it.

Justso said:
no, never tried a sample. I bought a tube of Trumper's Sandalwood and was not impressed at all..felt it was overpriced and nasty smelling..I've had much more success with Taylor creams...but i'm intrigued by the violet. I'm just not sure I want to spend the $

Did you sell it? You could always donate it to the Cologne Forum Fund, of which I am the moderator and sole benefactor of. :biggrin:

The violet smells like violet to me. it's 'floral', but a bit earthy as well, which is a good thing. I'm not into the floral smells so much, but I get such a great shave from the Violet that I've continued to use it. It's the only Trumper cream I've tried. Will probably go for Coconut next.

I enjoy it. It's one of those fragrances that I only use a couple of times a month and usually at night.

Justso said:

So how about it? Good?

I used it this morning and it is floral, but not sickeningly so, as far as I am concerned. I find the lubricity to be better than most other creams and you don't have to use a lot. I do think you would likely get twice as much use out of it compared to the Taylors I use because it is a denser cream in the tub.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Trumper's violet works for me. Scent-wise, I find it lovely, but performance-wise, I would give the nod to any of the Harris creams. It's not my "go to" cream, but it will always be in my rotation.

How long does it take for the samples to arrive? I received an email saying they were being sent a month ago. I was hoping to evaluate violet as a potential gift for my father, who is returning soon. I might just buy it without trying it myself if it's going to be a while yet.

Do they send it by parcel post or something?

I'm a huge Taylor's fan. I've got Rose, Lavender, Avacado, & Shave Shop. As much as I've been enjoying the (cheaper) Taylor's, I can't see myself spending double the money for the Trumper's creams.

I ordered my sampler too, over a month ago and was wondering what is taking so long, but since it's free, I cannot really complain. I ordered my sampler of T&H on Monday and this Friday, it was in the mailbox. Kudos to Brittney Jansen, the US Customer Service Director for her timely response.

Trumpers Violet was the first premium shave cream I ever purchased. I still like it and rotate it through my supplies.

Don't let Trumpers Sandalwood spoil you for all of their creams. I am a big fan of sandalwood in general, but was not impressed with Taylors or Trumpers scent. Violet is a great cream though, it smells wonderful and I think even performs better than the sandal for some reason. I got a tube of rose at the British import store yesterday, I need to quit talking and go try it!

Top Bottom