What's new

Trumper's Coconut Oil

I purchased a tub of this stuff per Scotto's review. Good God this stuff is awsome. The scent and the lather is so far the best. It also goes well with this Paul Mitchell Shampoo One I've been trying to use up. I got my closest shave with this cream using Derby's in a Gillette SS '55.

MMMMMmmmmmm...... coconut

I shaved with Trumpers Coconut today, the scent is good... but not one I would rave about, however the shave was great.
Cheers, DJ.

Dinder1 said:
I shaved with Trumpers Coconut today, the scent is good... but not one I would rave about, however the shave was great.
Cheers, DJ.

Agreed. I quite liked this cream but found myself always reaching for limes instead when I wanted something light or crisp. The coconut had a rich note also that I enjoyed but when in the mood for this I would usually go for something floral.
Cheers,
Jeff

boboakalfb said:
I think this is like Taylors Avocado...who cares about the scent when the stuff shaves so well...

That reminds me, I still have not tried that Avocado cream, hmmmmm........
Cheers, DJ.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I would say that the coconut oil is the "avocado" of the Trumper line, except for one thing- Taylor has other creams that I enjoy.:lol:
The only other Trumper I have had success with is the sandalwood. Their rose, almond, and limes leave me flat, and I have a love/hate relationship with the violet.

I was underwhelmed with the Coconut. I suppose that I was expecting more of a coconutty scent, but it's rather muted and subtle.

It gave a good shave, though.

-joedy

I really enjoy Trumper's Violet.

I used Taylor's Avocado today with a bowl for the first time, it was great. The shave was always great, but the scent was really nice today... not a 'great' scent but a 'clean grass' type smell or something... I'm never good at describing smell... but it was loads nicer than just latering right on the face.

I was also underwhelmed by the Coconut, it hardly has any scent and the lathering ability was less than what I had expected.
It's the only Trumper's I have tried and I still prefer the Taylor's and T&H creams.

Just goes to prove there is absolutely no such thing as consensus as to anything on these forums.... Not that that is a bad thing, as it just means we all have to try everything for ourselves. :)

Nitrox said:
I was also underwhelmed by the Coconut, it hardly has any scent and the lathering ability was less than what I had expected.
It's the only Trumper's I have tried and I still prefer the Taylor's and T&H creams.

I agree... the scent was, IMHO, unimpressive and faint... and the lather was only OK... it wasn't bad by any means, but I think that I would rather get Taylor's or T&H too.

Just to show how opinions can vary, let me say that I love GFT Coconut. As I have mentioned in other threads, it is my "go-to" cream.

I just recently tried a sample of the Trumpers Coconut Oil that I received from QED along with one of my orders. The shave was quite good but I didn't love the scent because it reminded me a little of suntan lotion. As far as Trumpers goes, I much prefer the scent of the Violet.

ouch

That suntan lotion scent will prevent it from becoming my favorite, but it delivers one helluva shave.

ouch said:
That suntan lotion scent will prevent it from becoming my favorite, but it delivers one helluva shave.

Jay, I don't smell the suntan lotion at all. To me it is more subtle.

BTW, I love the suntan lotion scent. It brings back memories of pool parties and girlfriends. :biggrin:

ouch

It's definately subtle, but it's still there. The cream doesn't smell like coconut at all, but that coconut oil scent reminds me of the beach.

I remember, back in the day, when all the girls would douse themselves with Bain de Soleil, the first suntan lotion with a negative SPF rating, and make fun of me because I burn when I open the refridgerator.:mad:
Now some of them look like alligators.:tongue:

I still put the Trumper's coconut oil in the same category as other creams that have great performance, but scents that are just "eh"- Arlington, Avocado, Coates Lime, etc.

T

Tye

I love the coconut by GFT. I used it with my pseudo method shave the other day and got a fantastic shave. I may have to buy a tub of this when my tube runs out.

-Tye

Top Bottom