What's new

Trumper & Shavemac = coffee ?

My new custom Shavemacs arrived at my work today, a 23mm in pure badger ( blue handle ) and a 23mm in Finest w/ pearl handle. Well I was very excited, but I still needed to run downtown and go to a few meetings etc. before I could go home and play with my new toys. Well I arrived downtown and got a great parking space pronto, and as soon as I got out of my car, there it was, a huge window display for Geo. F. Trumper.
I had parked directly in front of Mario's, a high end clothing store. When I entered the shop I was welcomed and then offered a cup of coffee, or perhaps a sparkling water while I shopped. I declined the coffee, telling her that I was a coffee roaster and that I had had my fill for the day. Well I shmoozed it up with her and she ended up requesting that I bring her some samples, and that a possible change in their coffee supplier could be in order.
I then loaded up on samples myself:biggrin:and started looking at brushes. I looked at a Simpson Major in Super @ $110.00 a pretty good deal, but then I saw this monster GFT brush and I knew that resistance was futile.:001_rolle
Cheers, DJ.

Waiting with baited breath for the first side-by-side review of the the grades of Shavemac. BTW, I like the blue handle - I got that color as well and love it.

Um, I REALLY hate when I get brush envy.

Do I need a new brush? No.

Can I afford a new brush? Absolutely not.

Will I buy a new brush? Um...

Nice score, Those are some nice brushes. I like your black stand and razor in the background too, really nice looking, a nice added touch of class.

Peace,

Pierre

vox_rox said:
Um, I REALLY hate when I get brush envy.

Do I need a new brush? No.

Can I afford a new brush? Absolutely not.

Will I buy a new brush? Um...

Pierre

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!!!

Great looking brushes!

I bought a Trumper 3 "Chubby" Super Badger from Trumper on Jermyn St. in London in 1987. Been using it every day since.

I've been told that if I take care of it , it will last longer than I will.

Elmo said:
I bought a Trumper 3 "Chubby" Super Badger from Trumper on Jermyn St. in London in 1987. Been using it every day since.

I've been told that if I take care of it , it will last longer than I will.
How about a picture?
Cheers, DJ.

Am I the only one that picked up on the fact that a retail store was selling Major Supers for $110? That's an absolute steal. I ordered one from Lee a couple weeks ago for $125. That reminds me, is anybody else waiting on one of these? I understand Lee is waiting for a shipment. Good luck with the new client DJ.
Cheers,
Jeff

Wow...I feel like such an amateur. I only have one! Those are awesome looking brush(es). I need to get busy and get another one (two...three...)

Mmmmmm...coffee!

Top Bottom