What's new

Trumper Double Edge Razor

I am semi new to wet shaving and have a quick question. There are not many double edge razors made that I know of. Trumper makes what appears to be a nice one from pictures. Is this a good razor. Are the Merkur razors that much better? Perhaps this shows my ignorance. But honestly I like the look of the Trumper double edge razor and lets be honest, some of the thrill of wetshaving is in the look...

I think the Trumper DE razor is a Merkur head with a custom handle, if you like the look of them and can afford one, buy it!

Those ARE beautiful razors, Ron. But I already have a Vision and a Fatboy, and need no more razors (repeat silently until you believe it. . .).

mrob said:
Those ARE beautiful razors, Ron. But I already have a Vision and a Fatboy, and need no more razors (repeat silently until you believe it. . .).
Merkur? Did you say?

full

Gillette?

full

Another raozr is always a GOOD THING! (We luv ya' Mahtha!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Say...why does everyone who owns a Merkur Futur have the satin version? Is it easier to grip or something?

I had ordered the satin but they sent me the chrome (classicshaving.com). I thought about returning it but it wasn't worth the hassle. They say the satin is a little easier to grip and it may be true - when I have wet lathered hands, the chromed Futur can be a bit slippery.

roughrider said:
The satin version is more widely availlable.
And it doesn't get visible fingerprints or smudges either! (Talk about anal? But I've sold items of shaving kit for just that reason)

Top Bottom