What's new

Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes vs GFT Limes vs TOBS Lime Zest vs TOBS Lemon and Lime

How do these compare when it comes to scent? I've only used Castle Forbes lime and though it performed quite well, it smelled too much like pine sol or a lime lifesaver. Just wanting to get some reference points for how these (T&H, GFT, and TOBS) compare scent-wise.

i smelt tobs lime or lemon and lime a long time ago and it smelt something alike a dishwashing liquid or some cleaning product definitely not a true lime scent...the rest I couldn’t say as I haven’t seen them here

as mentioned elsewhere, i've enjoyed limes from cf, tobs (both early verson and recent lime zest) and t&h.
not to mention gillette (india), b&m (lime, cedar, etc), and perhaps a couple others.
cf limes is excellent, imho. to my nose, not like pine sol. their fragrances are exclusively essential oils.
that being said, i keep coming back to t&h lime.
yes, it's sweet, but it's fresh, citrusy, and they have the most complete lime range of anyone, from shower gel to cologne.
but, lime is a popular flavor, and try out lots of others to decide for yourself!
happy hunting!!

truefitt hill limes.jpg

Just had a thread about this on shaving soaps. There was no clear answer as to who has the best lime scent that's for sure.

When I got into traditional wet shaving I discovered that I love lime scents (never knew....)
Of those I've come across the T&H is my current joint favourite.

as mentioned elsewhere, i've enjoyed limes from cf, tobs (both early verson and recent lime zest) and t&h.
not to mention gillette (india), b&m (lime, cedar, etc), and perhaps a couple others.
cf limes is excellent, imho. to my nose, not like pine sol. their fragrances are exclusively essential oils.
that being said, i keep coming back to t&h lime.
yes, it's sweet, but it's fresh, citrusy, and they have the most complete lime range of anyone, from shower gel to cologne.
but, lime is a popular flavor, and try out lots of others to decide for yourself!
happy hunting!!

View attachment 1185845
How would you compare the performance of the T&H against the others?

well, all pretty much straight lime.
cf is strongest and shows lime essential oil in ingredients list.
t&h is milder, has more complex scent, perhaps a floral and wood note; "fragrance" in ingredients.
tobs has slightly fresher scent, little lemony and cologny; most recent of my lime creams; also lists "fragrance".
k.i.m. that i'm no scent expert, just my impressions!

Back in spring I was on a Lime/Citrus quest. I've tried pretty much everything lime and citrus since then (including many artisan brands) except for T&H as I saved it for last because of the cost. The one I keep coming back to is GFT Limes. It's become one of my all time favorites for performance and scent. However, I don't like their lime skin food. Guess it's time to pull the trigger on the T&H.

Back in spring I was on a Lime/Citrus quest. I've tried pretty much everything lime and citrus since then (including many artisan brands) except for T&H as I saved it for last because of the cost. The one I keep coming back to is GFT Limes. It's become one of my all time favorites for performance and scent. However, I don't like their lime skin food. Guess it's time to pull the trigger on the T&H.

good exploratory!
did you try C&F lime? TOBS lime zest? GFT's GFT? TOBS grapefruit?

good exploratory!
did you try C&F lime? TOBS lime zest? GFT's GFT? TOBS grapefruit?

Yeah, actually I like CF Lime. But, it's pricey for what it is. No doubt one of the top lime creams though. I still prefer GFT Limes. TOBS lime zest, lemon lime, grapefruit. Yup, tried them. Not really a fan of any TOBS citrus. Lemon lime is ok. It's no MDC Agrumes. But that's not really a cream lol.

I've had a tub of CF Lime in the past, it's performance was good but wasn't a big fan of the scent. Didn't really smell that much like lime to me.

Top Bottom