What's new

Truefitt & Hill Wellington Silvertip Shaving Brush

Hello everyone.
Long story short. I'm a fan of shaving stuff from England (that traditional, elegance, vintage vibe, James Bond, you know)
I want to buy my first good badger brush for not all the money.
I put my eye on a silvertip brush from Truefitt & Hill with a Red handle.
So, I have a few questions for people who know what they're saying.
The amount of information about this brush is really poor.

1. Do you know who makes brushes for Truefitt in 2023? (I know it was Rooney some time ago)
2. Maybe someone is using it right now? What can you say?
3. Is it worth it? In my country I can buy this brush for under $130 meanwhile I saw this brush on Gifts &Care for 199 euros.

Thanks.

Where is the picture? Let's see it.
My fault.

Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 15.38.28.png

I have one in faux ivory. Terrific brush. More dense and slightly bigger than a Simpsons Duke 3.
Sounds promising! Thanks. And the fact that Truefitt is a bit bigger than Duke 3 is just awesome. I've tried Duke 3 synthetic, but the handle was too small and uncomfortable to use for my hand.

How long do you use your brush? Any changes over time? How many hairs did it lose?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Sounds promising! Thanks. And the fact that Truefitt is a bit bigger than Duke 3 is just awesome. I've tried Duke 3 synthetic, but the handle was too small and uncomfortable to use for my hand.

How long do you use your brush? Any changes over time?
At least 6 or 7 years. Probably gets used 1-3 times a month. It is virtually the same today as it was years ago.

I have either this same brush or a similar model in super that is TOBS branded and likely made by Rooney given it's age. I have yet to use it but if the knot is even better then the Duke 3 (the handle feels similar in the hand, so it reminds me of a Duke 3), then I'm (in the words of Clark Griswold) "in for a real treat."

I have either this same brush or a similar model in super that is TOBS branded and likely made by Rooney given it's age. I have yet to use it but if the knot is even better then the Duke 3 (the handle feels similar in the hand, so it reminds me of a Duke 3), then I'm (in the words of Clark Griswold) "in for a real treat."
Provide us a photo when/if you can! Interesting to take a look! 👌🏻

Top Bottom