What's new

Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort Shave Cream

I probably should have asked before purchasing, but how does this stuff stack up? It's unscented, which is what I like. At $30 it's expensive. Does the product justify the cost?

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405728217.582163.jpg

It's outstanding stuff. If any cream is worth $30, it's this. Be aware that there are those who say it has a subtle lavender scent (I didn't get that in the half a dozen shaves I've had with it). Performance is outstanding.

It's outstanding stuff. If any cream is worth $30, it's this. Be aware that there are those who say it has a subtle lavender scent (I didn't get that in the half a dozen shaves I've had with it). Performance is outstanding.

Thanks! I feel better about the purchase now.

It most certainly has a subtle lavender EO scent. One of the very best shaving creams out there for people with sensitive skin.

Good luck

At $30 it's expensive. Does the product justify the cost?
A good cream which lasts a long time. I get a mild lavender scent from it as well. I found it needs just a little more work to produce a good lather than the other T&H creams I have used(WIL, 1805 and Grafton). Though I enjoyed this cream IMO it doesn't justify the cost.

For at least 2 years before officially getting into wet shaving (i.e. still using cartridges), this was my daily shave cream. I used it because I thought I had sensitive skin, but, as it turns out, my skin was sensitive to cartridges, less so to soaps. Nonetheless, this cream still made a difference. It's a FANTASTIC product and perhaps the best cream I've used. Once I realized I could tolerate scented shaving products, however, I gave up on it and PIF'ed my last tube to my brother who is also a fan.

You chose wisely, Padewan.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Would you be so kind as to post the ingredients list? I love Truefitt limes cream, it's a super performer, and I pay for it because I like the scent better than Taylor's or even Castle Forbes. Performance-wise I cannot tell any difference.

Taylor's has a new unscented cream, and I'm willing to bet the ingredient list and performance are nearly identical and Taylor's would be half the price. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback, fellas! Here's the ingredient list:

Aqua, Stearic Acid, Mystric Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Linalool

I have spent hundreds of dollars on all types of creams for my super sensitive irish skin. If my skin is looking rough, or some other creams irritated my face? This is my go-to cream for a solid shave. The performance, glide, and wonderful light lavender smell make it my absolute go-to cream.

This beats castle forbes lavender, which I also have, and is supposedly one of the BEST shaving creams in the world.

This is probably the ONLY cream I can justify paying $30 for.

This is my daily shave cream.

I really like this cream too despite having only tried the sample. It has a subtle scent so I don't think it is completely scentless; however, I have found myself liking the scent too. I am thinking of getting it for myself once one of my current rotation cream finishes. I honestly think the price is worth the product as the performance from the sample I've used has been nothing short of what I had expected it to be - very, very good.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
To me the UC is one of the finest creams currently available. Hence yes, it's worth every single penny.

Well, I received my T&H order today. All I can say is "Yikes." First off, why for the love of God would you ship a $30 plastic tub of shaving cream in a bag? Yes, a bag. The product itself comes in a very thin box, but still. The plastic tub has a hairline fracture in it that when pushed seems to spread a bit. The shipment came from Canada and I can't be bothered to send it back. Also, they should call it Lavender scented, not unscented. It's far from unscented. It always kinda makes me chuckle when these premium companies, that charge premium prices, can't come through on the small stuff. A bag? Seriously?

Well, I received my T&H order today. All I can say is "Yikes." First off, why for the love of God would you ship a $30 plastic tub of shaving cream in a bag? Yes, a bag. The product itself comes in a very thin box, but still. The plastic tub has a hairline fracture in it that when pushed seems to spread a bit. The shipment came from Canada and I can't be bothered to send it back. Also, they should call it Lavender scented, not unscented. It's far from unscented. It always kinda makes me chuckle when these premium companies, that charge premium prices, can't come through on the small stuff. A bag? Seriously?

I think it depends on which retailer you ordered it from... as far as I know and in my own experience, all T&H products are shipped in a nicely packed box that holds the actual product box inside if you ordered from them directly (at least in the UK). As a side note, I prefer walking in and buying "off the shelf" from their store - it adds to the whole experience :001_smile.

I can understand your frustration at having such a premium product shipped in a bag. It affects the entire product experience if you were to ask me, especially so for a premium product. Also, if there is a hairline fracture you should probably return it (some retailers might have a no cost to customer policy for returns if unused and returned right away; do ask them).

T&H is very particular and responsive about their customer feedback from my own experiences dealing with them over the years; and I am sure they would be pleased to replace the damaged tub for you if you bought it from them directly.

Last edited:
I think it depends on which retailer you ordered it from... as far as I know and in my own experience, all T&H products are shipped in a nicely packed box that holds the actual product box inside if you ordered from them directly (at least in the UK). As a side note, I prefer walking in and buying "off the shelf" from their store - it adds to the whole experience :001_smile.

I can understand your frustration at having such a premium product shipped in a bag. It affects the entire product experience if you were to ask me, especially so for a premium product. Also, if there is a hairline fracture you should probably return it (some retailers might have a no cost to customer policy for returns if unused and returned right away; do ask them).

T&H is very particular and responsive about their customer feedback from my own experiences dealing with them over the years; and I am sure they would be pleased to replace the damaged tub for you if you bought it from them directly.

That's the thing, I ordered directly from the T&H website itself. No third party. I'll just keep the tub. It's a nice cream, though I'm not crazy about the scent.

I received a response back from T&H today and I gotta say, they were quite nice about things. They offered me pretty much whatever product I wanted in exchange for the damaged item that was delivered to me. I'm not sure I'll take them up on it, but hopefully they won't be shipping anymore products out in bags. Though now at least I know why they're doing so. Here's what they sent me:

Mr. *****,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent experience with ordering on-line. Having recently acquired the distribution for Truefitt & Hill NA we have been transitioning into our role over the past several months and our premium packaging (all navy Truefitt & Hill embossed boxes) have taken much longer than anticipated. The actual shipping cost of your package was $11.84. Most of our shipments are between $11-$13 without including duties, taxes, freight, packaging - as well as the stronger British Pound, all of which we are subsidizing.

We are trying our very best to expedite our shipments in a timely fashion, as well as ensure our presentation is reflective of the quality product we offer, and as such keenly await our custom boxes for future orders. Please let me know if you would like a replacement tube of the damaged shaving cream you received or if I may offer an alternate product for you to try complimentary - or perhaps our sample packs in the creams and balms? Again, appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback, please let me know if we can ship another item to you as you would have expected.

Kind Regards,

Linda Mountford
Truefitt & Hill NA

Last edited:
I received a response back from T&H today and I gotta say, they were quite nice about things. They offered me pretty much whatever product I wanted in exchange for the damaged item that was delivered to me. I'm not sure I'll take them up on it, but hopefully they won't be shipping anymore products out in bags. Though now at least I know why they're doing so. Here's what they sent me:

Mr. *****,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent experience with ordering on-line. Having recently acquired the distribution for Truefitt & Hill NA we have been transitioning into our role over the past several months and our premium packaging (all navy Truefitt & Hill embossed boxes) have taken much longer than anticipated. The actual shipping cost of your package was $11.84. Most of our shipments are between $11-$13 without including duties, taxes, freight, packaging - as well as the stronger British Pound, all of which we are subsidizing.

We are trying our very best to expedite our shipments in a timely fashion, as well as ensure our presentation is reflective of the quality product we offer, and as such keenly await our custom boxes for future orders. Please let me know if you would like a replacement tube of the damaged shaving cream you received or if I may offer an alternate product for you to try complimentary - or perhaps our sample packs in the creams and balms? Again, appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback, please let me know if we can ship another item to you as you would have expected.

Kind Regards,

Linda Mountford
Truefitt & Hill NA

Well, i think they're up to snuff and trying to make it right. Take them up on their offer...they said complimentary...free...gratis. What more could you ask for....Geez I almost feel like ordering a tub of something and complaining...LOL

Top Bottom