What's new

Truefitt & Hill Shaving Cream is Sublime

Get the samples pack, I did the same.

My small review, top to bottom:

1) Performance: APSLEY and Ultimate Comfort. Both are better than the other scented ones (I have not tried No10).
Scent wise Apsley is woody, peppery and ''dark'' (though starts a little citrusy) and ultimate comfort is lightly Levander scented.

2)1805/Grafton/Limes/Trafalgar/Sandalwood are on the exact same performance level (a very good one).
So better to sample them and see which scent suits you better. For example I got hooked on Grafton as it has an aquatic scent that I like. Supposedly 1805 is their main aquatic scent but I found it too lemon forward for my liking, so YMMV.

I understand completely. Likewise, the USA made artisan soaps I enjoy are probably horrible expensive in the UK after you factor in international shipping costs. While price is never the most important factor in choosing a shaving soap for me, it still remain a factor. I am more likely to purchase multiple scents of a $15 soap than I am a $30 soap.

When comparing traditional creams by T&H, TOBS, and Trumper, I do prefer T&H. However, I cannot justify the price of T&H in the States when there are so many great artisan soaps available for less.
FWIW, Ariana & Evans soaps cost basically the same in Europe, as they do in US and there are no shipping costs EU-wise, when buying above the certain amount of money. This is true for most (if not all) major EU online retailers.

I've just recently got two of the A&E soaps - Kaizen and The Undersea. Both soaps are the new kaizen base and while I'm hard to impress, these rank amongst the very of the very best I have ever tried 😍. I find the price quite reasonable.

See below an excerpt from my order, it shows the exact costs/item.

1610457708644.png

1610457873387.png

Top Bottom