What's new

Truefitt & Hill Shaving Cream is Sublime

As per Badger lover considering a badger/boar mix - Survivable? Sacrilege? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/badger-lover-considering-a-badger-boar-mix-survivable-sacrilege.589056/page-3#post-10749267, I used my new 1805 cream for the first time today. This stuff is amazing. Rich, thick texture, faint, not overpowering, pleasing scent, tons of protection, and 11 simple ingredients. Yes, it's not cheap but just a little dab will do you.

One thing does puzzle me though. Rich vegan creams like Truefitt & Hill work great for me, but the vegan soaps never seem to provide me with enough protection so I tend to use tallow-based soaps.

Bottom line is the title says it all!

20200606_202741003_iOS.jpg

I have their Sandalwood and West Indian Limes creams. Both perform really well and have a nice scent. The Sandalwood is more of a men’s cologne smell rather than pure Sandalwood but it is nice- a little zesty I find.

I would love to meander over to 71 St James Street to sniff the different scents, but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon. The Grafton sounds intriguing: "A classic masculine fougere aroma with a fresh spicy green herbaceous opening combined with a dry spicy floral heart, leading onto rich background notes of precious woods and Amber with a hint of leather."

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
They must be terrific. I've only tried their 'bargain' cream, the No. 10, and I think it's outstanding.

I’ve used several of their creams. The scents are fantastic. I especially like 1805. Ultimate Comfort, IMO, is the best performer, however.

I’ve used several of their creams. The scents are fantastic. I especially like 1805. Ultimate Comfort, IMO, is the best performer, however.

Thanks for that! Very interesting. I see that the Ultimate Comfort contains lavender oil, and no methylparaben or propyparaben which are in the 1805. Next time I go to the grocery story, I need to smell the lavender soap to refresh my memory about its smell - I just can't remember.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

Exactly my own thoughts. All T&H creams have fantastic scents and perform very well. The Ultimate Comfort is the overall finest.

All T&H products are terrific. One of my top 5 creams is ultimate comfort. Also, you should try their pre-shave oil.

I tried the Trafalgar cream for the first time today and loved it. First time with the T&F cream and first time with a brand new Dovo and happy with both! Because it was the first time with a new razor, I should have gone with something tried and true, but I figured with a top end cream such as T&F I couldn't go wrong and that was the case.
cheers
Andrew

If I am going to spend $30 on a soap or cream, it won't be T&H. It is good, but not that good.

They don't cost that much in the UK. We pay the equivalent of $15 for a tube and $20 for a tub of most of their creams. No. 10 is only $12.50 for the 200ml tub.

They don't cost that much in the UK. We pay the equivalent of $15 for a tube and $20 for a tub of most of their creams. No. 10 is only $12.50 for the 200ml tub.

I understand completely. Likewise, the USA made artisan soaps I enjoy are probably horrible expensive in the UK after you factor in international shipping costs. While price is never the most important factor in choosing a shaving soap for me, it still remain a factor. I am more likely to purchase multiple scents of a $15 soap than I am a $30 soap.

When comparing traditional creams by T&H, TOBS, and Trumper, I do prefer T&H. However, I cannot justify the price of T&H in the States when there are so many great artisan soaps available for less.

I understand completely. Likewise, the USA made artisan soaps I enjoy are probably horrible expensive in the UK after you factor in international shipping costs. While price is never the most important factor in choosing a shaving soap for me, it still remain a factor. I am more likely to purchase multiple scents of a $15 soap than I am a $30 soap.

When comparing traditional creams by T&H, TOBS, and Trumper, I do prefer T&H. However, I cannot justify the price of T&H in the States when there are so many great artisan soaps available for less.

Yes, shipping always adds up. I often wonder if there is also an uplift on traditional London creams (Ts, D R Harris, Floris etc) when sold abroad to make them seem more elite and to try and cash in on their history?

Unfortunately we rarely if ever see US Artisan soaps in the UK, I believe its mainly due to EU/UK Cosmetics regulations that would add significant costs to a US Artisan to comply with but not entirely sure on this.

Completely agree on price vs performance. Price is never the main factor for me either, but I won't pay more than I think something is worth or when I can get a better product for the same price.

Yes, shipping always adds up. I often wonder if there is also an uplift on traditional London creams (Ts, D R Harris, Floris etc) when sold abroad to make them seem more elite and to try and cash in on their history?

Unfortunately we rarely if ever see US Artisan soaps in the UK, I believe its mainly due to EU/UK Cosmetics regulations that would add significant costs to a US Artisan to comply with but not entirely sure on this.

Completely agree on price vs performance. Price is never the main factor for me either, but I won't pay more than I think something is worth or when I can get a better product for the same price.

They are effectively the UK prices in the US from laladaisy. The regular price is $12 for tube and $20 to $24 for the tub with free shipping w/ over $45 bucks and its pretty easy to find 20% off from those prices, which puts it right on top of the UK price range.

regards
Avi

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Back when I used creams I found Ultimate Comfort to be outstanding. It was very nearly the equal of Castle Forbes for considerably less money.

Top Bottom