What's new

TRUEFITT & HILL Luxury Shaving Soap - formulation

maybe around 10 years ago I bought "TRUEFITT & HILL Luxury Shaving Soap" this was the worst soap I used every (and most expensive)... I never used it up. I still have the wooden bowl which is really nice.... therefore I want to ask you:
Does T&H improve the quality/formulation of their soaps in the last years? If yes I may will give it a try and refill. But with the old formula I never was able to create a good lather (as e.g. like with Harris my recent soaps).... and on skin the soap caused discomfort too...! What is your experience? most interested I am in the 1805.

I don't have personal experience with t and h, but I remember the YouTube nickshaves trying it out and being disappointed with it.

Have you tried using it as a shave stick to see what happens?

I really enjoy the 1805 shaving cream in the tube but have no experience with the hard soap. @Jakebullet may be able to help. He has been using the hard soap exclusively for some time.

Never tried the soaps from any of the English three but T&H's creams are great IMO and I have more of that brand's products than any other (I like their aftershave balms too).

I really enjoy the 1805 shaving cream in the tube but have no experience with the hard soap. @Jakebullet may be able to help. He has been using the hard soap exclusively for some time.
Yes I used it every day from February this year until I finished it a few weeks ago.
I have to say it was a great performer, uncomplicated, lathered really easily, great scent and lasted forever. No special lathering advice just use it as you would 95% of all other soaps.
If people have struggled with it in the past then I can only assume that it must have changed because it’s fine now, at least mine was.
I tried hard soaps from Trumper for example and got a rubbish unusable fizzy lather from them so I know a difficult soap when I see one, but the 1805 was great for me I’d recommend it.

I have used their current formulation of Sandalwood with great efficiency and success this year. I found my puck to be a great performing soap with zero issues with lathering.

Apsley alone has undergone a new formulation presumingly bringing it in line with Floris. As much as I LOVE my T&H Sandalwood puck, I can honestly say that Floris is a step up; spectacular. I will be bringing back some Apsley from the TH Mothership next month so I can try for myself (as well as restock my 1805 cream tubs).

Top Bottom