What's new

Truefitt & Hill Customer Service Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to share my recent experience with a Truefitt & Hill travel kit. I recently purchased the Gentleman's Collection 1805. After applying B&B discounts the total price shipped came out to around $111. This is a great deal. When the box arrived, I noticed the dopp kit was very light and did not appear to have the same stitching and interior as the one shown on the site. I also noticed that the brush was a tiny travel size pure badger brush. Not the Regency Ivory 4 brush advertised on the site. I called the customer service number and spoke with a young lady that advised the dopp kit was different from the one advertised on the site. They no longer make/carry that dopp kit. It appears to me that they included a much cheaper version of the one advertised on the site. I'd estimate the value at around $20. She also mentioned that they couldn't offer that good of a deal and include the brush they adverstised on the website. They therefore advertise the 4 inch super badger brush but sell the travel size pure badger brush to save on costs. I'd estimate the value of the brush to be around $15 shipped. I asked if she would honor what was advertised on the site and she said they couldn't afford to and would offer to return my money upon receipt of the set or I could just keep it. She came back to the phone with this info after discussing with her boss for a couple of minutes :bored: To make a long story short, I need my money now and prefer to not wait over a week for the box to be shipped to T&H and then wait for my money to be refunded. I've therefore decided to never use T&H again and just sell the items on B/S/T to recoup my costs.

Keep in mind, I'm not complaining about this. I'll probably break even fairly quickly on B&B by selling these items. I'm just advising anyone that may be interested in buying one of these sets so you know exactly what you'lll be getting. Regardless of whether it still turned out to be a good/fair deal money-wise, it's more of an integrity/honesty issue for me and I'd like fellow B&B members to be aware.

thanks

Bulldawg,

I was just made aware of your situation. First, I'm sorry to hear you feel you did not get what you ordered. We have sold our Gentlemen's Collections for some years now, all with the same products. The Cologne, Cream and Balm alone is worth the sale price. As far as the brush goes, the website should have denoted Pure Badger to avoid any speculation. We apologize for any confusion. It's a fantastic kit and we've not had anyone to date be disappointed with it. As with any of our products, we are more than happy to refund your money. Please contact our customer service department at 800-236-8089. Should you have further questions, feel free to contact me directly. As with all customers, we will always go the extra mile to insure you're happy with your purchase.

Todd Fisher
Managing Director/CEO

Bulldawg,

I was just made aware of your situation. First, I'm sorry to hear you feel you did not get what you ordered. We have sold our Gentlemen's Collections for some years now, all with the same products. The Cologne, Cream and Balm alone is worth the sale price. As far as the brush goes, the website should have denoted Pure Badger to avoid any speculation. We apologize for any confusion. It's a fantastic kit and we've not had anyone to date be disappointed with it. As with any of our products, we are more than happy to refund your money. Please contact our customer service department at 800-236-8089. Should you have further questions, feel free to contact me directly. As with all customers, we will always go the extra mile to insure you're happy with your purchase.

Todd Fisher
Managing Director/CEO

Wow, that was fast.

I had the same experience. It is a rather pathetic little brush and certai8nly not the one I expected. I'm not planning to return it, but I learned my lesson.

Bulldawg,

Todd Fisher
Managing Director/CEO

Part of the problem might be that the kit in question seems to be described in two different ways, at least in terms of the brush.
(Please see the late edit to post #5, above.)

Bulldawg,

Todd Fisher
Managing Director/CEO

He didn't get what he ordered. What he ordered was described and pictured, and that is not what he got. The brush description clearly says "Regency Ivory 4 Shave Brush" and speculation is not an issue. His dopp kit is also quite different from the one pictured. Whether a mistake or intentional, T&H is at fault and should either get the customer's order correct as advertised, or offer a refund up front rather than requiring him to ship goods back before one is issued.

When I saw that the text in the two links on the T&H site were different, I had a different opinion than what I had posted. The link I purchased from was very vague about a "pure badger brush" so I wasn't expecting much. The link he posted gave a reference to an actual product they have for sale, which is a much nicer brush than was included in the kit. It seems that they have already modified this page on the T&H site.

It wasn't even a minute after I hit submit, so I just deleted it, instead of editing it... I had no idea it was going to be quoted that quickly.

Doh, that post I just quoted is gone.

Last edited:
...We have sold our Gentlemen's Collections for some years now, all with the same products. The Cologne, Cream and Balm alone is worth the sale price. As far as the brush goes, the website should have denoted Pure Badger to avoid any speculation.

Todd Fisher
Managing Director/CEO

Just for the sake of clarity, are you saying that the Regency Ivory 4" brush has never been part of the kit, then? I ask because the O.P.'s conversation with customer service makes it sound like the full-priced kit included it, but it was switched for a cheaper brush in the sale-priced kit.

I just went through the link from the O.P. to T&H. I'm confused - -there is only a pic of the travel kit at such a range it is impossible to make out any detail. There are no other photos of products or text beyond a very cursory description. Is this different from what was originally viewed?

Yes, they just fixed the inconsistency on their site in the last 20 minutes or so.

I just went through the link from the O.P. to T&H. I'm confused - -there is only a pic of the travel kit at such a range it is impossible to make out any detail. There are no other photos of products or text beyond a very cursory description. Is this different from what was originally viewed?

Has the description of the brush changed since these sites have been linked. The brush is described as "Pure Badger (Hair) Shaving Brush" The word 'hair' is included in the item description in the gift section and omitted in the travel section. I don't see it saying Regency Ivory 4"

oops, guess I didn't refresh before posting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom