What's new

Truefitt & Hill Customer Service Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was just about to order 1805 creme shave but i think i will hold off until this gets resolved...there is always my old reliable Trumpers to hold me over...

Fix it Truefitt please or it seems we are going to be storming your gates soon...:lol:

This reeks of poor service. I will watch this thread and see if Mr.Fischer comes back on and eventually does make it right...if not, I for one will not be purchasing any T&H products in the future. You mess with a couple of B&Bers and you mess with a lot of B&Bers! :cool:

This reeks of poor service. I will watch this thread and see if Mr.Fischer comes back on and eventually does make it right...if not, I for one will not be purchasing any T&H products in the future. You mess with a couple of B&Bers and you mess with a lot of B&Bers! :cool:

Very well said!

I was planning on order a sample pack (which would likely lead to further purchases) from T&H in the very near future. Looks like I'll be spending those dollars on a Trumper sampler instead.
Sorry T&H, but you need to fix this before you are going to earn my business.

I also bought this set and was highly disappointed about the tiny brush they put in. When this came first out, some two weeks ago, they showed a nice brush in this kit on their website. Even with the price I paid, which is about what the products are when purchased with out the bag, when I saw this small brush, I felt a bit deceived. At the time I ordered, I didn't even know there was an extra 20% off for B+B'lers, so I paid $139 for it. This experience will definitely influence future purchases from this company.
I also e-mailed later if I could change the scent I had initially selected, and they never responded back to me. This was quite an disappointment. Don't get me wrong, the products are great, but the experience I made here leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I'm in the same boat. I just sorta shrugged it off at the time it happened, but it hasn't made me very happy about my purchase. I went out of town for the last week or so and the brush is a decent travel brush that you can take without worrying too much about losing it, but it isn't as represented.

I bought the kit too. The dop kit is ok, imo. The brush, however, is a joke. It's almost toy-like.

My initial opinion was to just be happy with the dop kit and the bargain on the cream, balm and cologne and let the brush issue slide, but the more I think about it the more it's really started to bug me and question T&H management.

As it clearly was not the brush pictured and described--sale or no sale--it appears to be a clear case of bait and switch. Something that I might add is highly illegal under Illinois' strong consumer protection laws. Since T&H (usa) is an Illinois company and the sale was technically transacted in Illinois, perhaps a call to the Illinois Attorney General's office is in order.

Highly doubt we will hear more from him - they are sitting this one out, it will go away. A few may boycott the company, but I am not sure if we have a big impact on them. I sent him a pm, see if he ever will answer this, I doubt it.

If anyone's interested, here's the link to the IL AG's consumer protection division.

http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/consumers/filecomplaint.html

If enough people file a complaint, T&H will hear from the AG's office.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
As a matter of fact I got a reply from Todd Fisher, I was quite (positively) surprised. He offered to have my stuff picked-up by UPS and to send me my money back. But I already have used the cologne, cream and ASB, so I would not return the used goods; the brush however......we'll see.

As a matter of fact I got a reply from Todd Fisher, I was quite (positively) surprised. He offered to have my stuff picked-up by UPS and to send me my money back. But I already have used the cologne, cream and ASB, so I would not return the used goods; the brush however......we'll see.

When I see customer service errors happening right before my eyes in slow motion like this, I worry. Mr Fisher, this is an easy fix and one that won't shatter your bottom line. C'mon man, in your heart you know what to do. There's a time to play hardball, but this isn't it. As I see it, wet-shavers are a small fraction of the entire shaving market. This board and similar ones reach a large percentage of that niche.

Here's an idea. Own the website error. Double review any new postings to the web-site before adding them. Send the OP the brush as pictured in the original ad. Let him keep the kit too. Increase the B&B discount (and any other site's discount) by 5% for the rest of the month. Recoup the price of the giveaway brush in a couple of hours. Move to a nicer office. Trust me on this one. Just sayin'.

I bought the assortment that contained oil, cream, balm, and the dopp kit. With the B&B 20% discount and the sale, the dopp kit was essentially free. I had no expectations on the dopp kit and I think it is OK, especially for free. T&H seems to be willing to take returns and I would not expect more from any vendor. I like the T&H stuff and I like the B&B 20% discount. Don't screw that up for those of us that are quite satisfied.
Larry

Do what you will, guys, and I love a good witch hunt, but it seems to me as though the firm has offered refunds, explained their offer on this forum, and historically supported site members by offering a 20% discount code. Frankly, I wish that more vendors were this responsible.

I appreciate T&H's support of our forum and provision of products for our wetshaving enjoyment. I hope it continues.

Now everyone will be on the lookout to see if they ever try to do this again.

We have high standards for vendors.

When I see customer service errors happening right before my eyes in slow motion like this, I worry. Mr Fisher, this is an easy fix and one that won't shatter your bottom line. C'mon man, in your heart you know what to do. There's a time to play hardball, but this isn't it. As I see it, wet-shavers are a small fraction of the entire shaving market. This board and similar ones reach a large percentage of that niche.

Here's an idea. Own the website error. Double review any new postings to the web-site before adding them. Send the OP the brush as pictured in the original ad. Let him keep the kit too. Increase the B&B discount (and any other site's discount) by 5% for the rest of the month. Recoup the price of the giveaway brush in a couple of hours. Move to a nicer office. Trust me on this one. Just sayin'.

Hardball? They're ordering a full refund and paying for shipping it back as well according to Rudy! That's more than you can say about some companies my friend. All in all, T&H seems to be handling this quite well in my opinion. Why don't you lay off of them and quit asking for a bigger discount. You're being rather petty if you ask me.

Dramatization of a related scenario...

Customer: Hello, I ordered a Sony television that you had advertised for sale on your website for $500
OnlineElectronicsStoreMgr: Yes, may I help you with something?
Customer: Yes, what I received was a televison, but instead of being a Sony brand, it was a Fony brand. Does this sound right to you?
OnlineElectronicsStoreMgr: Yes, we couldn't make enough money selling you a Sony at the sale price, so we sent you a Fony.
Customer: This doesn't sound right...
OnlineElectronicsStoreMgr: Well, if you don't want the Fony television, just send it back and we will return your money. Some people don't mind Fonys.

I bought the assortment that contained oil, cream, balm, and the dopp kit. With the B&B 20% discount and the sale, the dopp kit was essentially free. I had no expectations on the dopp kit and I think it is OK, especially for free. T&H seems to be willing to take returns and I would not expect more from any vendor. I like the T&H stuff and I like the B&B 20% discount. Don't screw that up for those of us that are quite satisfied.
Larry

Do what you will, guys, and I love a good witch hunt, but it seems to me as though the firm has offered refunds, explained their offer on this forum, and historically supported site members by offering a 20% discount code. Frankly, I wish that more vendors were this responsible.

I appreciate T&H's support of our forum and provision of products for our wetshaving enjoyment. I hope it continues.

Hardball? They're ordering a full refund and paying for shipping it back as well according to Rudy! That's more than you can say about some companies my friend. All in all, T&H seems to be handling this quite well in my opinion. Why don't you lay off of them and quit asking for a bigger discount. You're being rather petty if you ask me.

I'm with these fellers.

I bought this kit, got great customer service ad am extremely pleased with the transaction.

Not only did they offer a coupon code to the forum members, they accepted it on essentially a clearance item. In case you're not counting, you got the entire kit for less than the price of the EDT and Cream shipped. Free ASB, brush and bag.

They've offered to make it right, and now this thread has turned into a witch hunt by newer members. You don't see GFT or TOBS posting here and offering 1)a really nice discount 2)a manager posting to try to fix a bad transaction, and you definitely won't see it with this type of behavior.

/$.02

That doesn't negate the fact that they clearly shipped a different and inferior brush to they buyer rather than the one pictured (still) and described (conveniently changed since this blew up) in the ad.

Under Illinois law, that is ILLEGAL! Period. End of discussion. We do still have consumer protection laws in this country.

Merely offering the cheapest/minimal route out of this debacle (i.e. ship it back to us, and we'll give your money back so we can rip off some other unsuspecting consumer with the kit) is not satisfactory. Exchanging for the brush that was advertised (promised) in the first place is the only satisfactory out in my opinion.

FWIW, I don't have a problem with the dop kit. It clearly was not presented as the more expensive version, and I think it is fine value for what I paid. The brush is a frickin' toy.

dramatization of a related scenario...

customer: Hello, i ordered a sony television that you had advertised for sale on your website for $500
onlineelectronicsstoremgr: Yes, may i help you with something?
Customer: Yes, what i received was a televison, but instead of being a sony brand, it was a fony brand. Does this sound right to you?
Onlineelectronicsstoremgr: Yes, we couldn't make enough money selling you a sony at the sale price, so we sent you a fony.
Customer: This doesn't sound right...
Onlineelectronicsstoremgr: Well, if you don't want the fony television, just send it back and we will return your money. Some people don't mind fonys.

+1000

Geez, they said they would take it back and refund his money. Another customer got a free UPS pickup offer. Whether or not this was a deliberate misrepresentation, it just doesn't get any better than that. When I think of waranty work I have had done on tools and electronics, I have always had to pay shipping to return the item. I see a lot of things for sale that specify no returns. I think we should stop the witch hunt. I just ordered some more stuff over the phone today, enjoyed friendly customer service, and the B&B 20% discount.
Larry

Geez, they said they would take it back and refund his money. Another customer got a free UPS pickup offer. Whether or not this was a deliberate misrepresentation, it just doesn't get any better than that. When I think of waranty work I have had done on tools and electronics, I have always had to pay shipping to return the item. I see a lot of things for sale that specify no returns. I think we should stop the witch hunt. I just ordered some more stuff over the phone today, enjoyed friendly customer service, and the B&B 20% discount.
Larry

Why is demanding a vendor to follow through and deliver the item pictured and described in their advertisement and holding them accountable when they fail to do so a "witch hunt."

I'm sorry if I'm not willing to bow down to T&H over free return shipping. This is merely their attempting to weasel out of a bad--most likely ILLEGAL--mistake on their part at the bare minimum out of pocket cost.

If they were truly interested in making this right, they would ship the brushes advertised. Anything short of that is merely corporate damage control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom