What's new

Truefitt & Hill -- Any users?

Evening all,

Curious if there are any T&H users here and if so, which of their aftershave/cologne line you'd recommend.

I've seen they do a 15-piece sample set which I'll definitely check out, but until then I am looking for opinions.

Cheers!

1805 is my favourite, and Grafton is also a damn nice scent.
Aspley (one of their newer ones) is really good too, but I don't think I could justify buying it when I already own both EDT and EDP of Terre d'Hermes.

They're certainly nice fragrances, but for the price I like a longer lasting fragrance.
The only one I've sprung for is 1805.

T&H fragrances are outstanding 'traditional' scents, IMHO.
Only a couple are "straight" smells, others are nice concoctions.
Relatively good longevity, at least on me, not fleeting but not 'over the top' either.
Get the sample kit and decide for yourself!
Or, better yet, let HER decide!

truefitt hill colognes-5246s.jpg

Well, pay day next week and I have 4 in my Amazon basket and 1 balm...

This rabbit hole will at least smell nice :D

Appreciate it brother but I hear international shipping of after shave is something that can turn out badly.

Despite the Alabama support, I'm actually from England haha.

For sure, I had not realized your UK location!

Why not hop down to Picadilly and sample these at the T&H shop??

London 2014-0227.jpg

So, I stopped by the DC location today. What a sh*t show. Not only did they have no samples, but they had no travel sizes either. The entire location was smaller than my living room, with a couple of barber chairs and a small checkout desk (lady seated there checking people out was clueless). We had to call a barber over to assist, and what he pointed to as shaving cream was only post shave balm. Final straw was the prices. I can actually buy directly from T&H on Amazon and get the exact same product shipped to my house cheaper than I could pick it up in store. Totally disappointed. Now, I am going to have to find some samples online.
The one positive is that they have a few testor shaving creams out. Not like you could actually test them without a shave brush in hand and a sink, but at least you could open them up and smell them.

So, I stopped by the DC location today. What a sh*t show. Not only did they have no samples, but they had no travel sizes either. The entire location was smaller than my living room, with a couple of barber chairs and a small checkout desk (lady seated there checking people out was clueless). We had to call a barber over to assist, and what he pointed to as shaving cream was only post shave balm. Final straw was the prices. I can actually buy directly from T&H on Amazon and get the exact same product shipped to my house cheaper than I could pick it up in store. Totally disappointed. Now, I am going to have to find some samples online.
The one positive is that they have a few testor shaving creams out. Not like you could actually test them without a shave brush in hand and a sink, but at least you could open them up and smell them.

That sucks. They have a sampler pack online, what that includes beyond cologne etc I don't know.

Indeed, I've heard that the DC location is a slum bag.

It has been a while since I have had any, but I really like Grafton. Vintage Spanish Leather was supposed to be excellent. I do not recall what 1805 is like, sorry to say. T&H's marketing confuses me, to say the least. It seems to pitch to be high end, but then does not do a very good job. Sorry to hear T&H in DC is so bad. That is where I am.

1805 is my personal favorite, but I definitely concur with the recommendation to get samples if you can.

Evening all,
Curious if there are any T&H users here and if so, which of their aftershave/cologne line you'd recommend.

Try them all, then, buy 1805 (and maybe Grafton). :D :D
I'm talking about creams of course, have not tried their (now discontinued) aftershaves.
As for balms, I found them OK (from samples), but honestly nothing special, considering the price. The creams, by far one of my favorite (1805 in my case).

55ADBEF0-F0EB-425E-8C3D-43A7631CC734.jpeg
Update.
So, I wrote to T&H, pretty much the same as the above. To be honest, I was not expecting a response. Much to my surprise, I got the attached this morning. I replied with my number and got a phone call from Linda in about 15 minutes. We had a great conversation. I told her about this blog, the enthusiasm that new shavers (and more experienced ones) have regarding trying new products. She explained how the lounges work, apologized for the experience, and is sending samples to me. Woohoo!!!
Additionally, she warned to steer clear of the Amazon vendors of T&H, as she is responsible for all North American distribution. She confirmed that both Maggards and West Coast Shaving are authorized distributors.
Further, she gave permission to post her contact information and stated that if any of us want to order directly from her, to email her or call her. She receives fresh shipments from UK every 6-8 weeks.
So, to summarize... steer clear of the DC location and contact Linda!
In any event, I thought I would share. I am very much looking forward to receiving the samples.

Evening all,

I've seen they do a 15-piece sample set which I'll definitely check out, but until then I am looking for opinions.

Cheers!
I love their stuff. Outstanding quality! I have had their shaving cream which is awesome and their West Indian Limes aftershave which was a beautiful product.

Top Bottom