What's new

Truefitt & Hill Almond... opinions?

I mixed it up by cracking open some T&H Almond today, for the first time. To date, I've only used Taylor's Avocado, and Trumper's Lime (once). The T&H Almond seemed to either want less water, or be inherently more foamy—I don't have the experience to pin it, especially since I'm still getting accustomed to my formidable Shavemac. I actually thought that my blade was a bit dull, and changed it (same brand), with similar results.

I saw another post that at least some T&H needs a little more attention, but can yield similar results if worked enough.

On the plus side—in spite of the dragging—I ended up with a terrible shave, but it was the least irritating shave I've had in about a week.

T&H whips up into a slightly softer lather than Taylor or Trumpers, but it shaves well for me. I like the Almond a lot - very nice scent.

I used the t&h lime this morning, and had a great shave! I also use the Ultimate Comfort (which is really lavender, not unscented). I do not have to work these creams any differently than trumpers, taylors, et. al. I like t&h as much, if not more, than any other purveyor.

Drew

I don't really notice a difference between lathering T&H Rose, Taylor Avocado, or Trumper's Violet.

Maybe you should try it a few more times just to make sure this time wasn't user error.:smile:

I think you have your own solution. Use less water than the others. Different shave creams require more or less water. Experiment with your ratio and you should get a good shave.

Thanks, guys! I had assumed that it was user error (or in the words of some crotchety software developers: loser error). I've just seen so many comments to the effect that even different scents within a line have different properties that I wanted to see if this was one of the stand-outs. Take 2!

Jumping in late here... I have a sampler from Scotto. I find it to be an excellent cream that lathers well but lacks a touch of lubrication compared to others. It is a fine shaving cream though with a good scent.

Dennis

As a rule of thumb if you start out with a bit less water you can add it in drops at a time until the desired consistency is achieved. You will start to notice that if creams are denser then they will require more water and work to achieve the lather. All of the T&H Tubs I have are lighter in consistency so I usually add a little bigger dollop of cream. I have heard from some that their tubs are denser so you would just need a bit more water. It is just practice...

I've been using T&H West Indian Limes all week and it does take less water. It also makes mountains of lather. Very different from other creams I've used so far.

is the truefitt almond similar to dr harris almond flower or more similar to razorock p160 marzipan scent?

The T&H Almond is the only T&H cream I have, and like it so much I want to try the 1805. I'm just hesitating to spend the money because I already have so many soaps and creams.

The T&H Almond is the only T&H cream I have, and like it so much I want to try the 1805. I'm just hesitating to spend the money because I already have so many soaps and creams.

what? that's no problem!

truefitt and hill 1805 boker edelweiss february 12 2015.jpg

Top Bottom