What's new

Truefitt & Hill 1805

I received my sample of scents/creams from T&H yesterday and was excited to put on the 1805 this morning. I love the scent and was looking forward to its pleasant notes today and seeing how it reacted and morphed during the day.

Sadly, 1.5 hours in and the scent is more or less gone. This seems to me to be extreme even for a cologne that perhaps doesn't last the day--I'll still usually get 3-4 hours at least.

So, if you've tried the little sample vials from the T&H and GFTs of the world (or any of the other houses who use the little vials), how much do you use? I'm thinking perhaps I just was too light in application. Do you use the whole vial at once? Half?

Couple of suggestions for you.

If you liked the 1805, you might also try L'eau d'Issey as I think it's probably a "knock off" of the original release by Issey Miyake. I can't speak to the longevity of 1805 (it's been quite awhile since I ran through my T&H sampler), but I can tell you that you should not have any longevity issues with the L'eau d'Issey.

Next, as far as your samples go, if you will invest in some small 2 ml atomizers, empty your samples into atomizers, your samples will last longer and you will get a better feel for how they apply coming out of an atomizer vs. dabbing with your finger. You'll get better application and a better feel for how they will wear if you decide to make a FB purchase.

Cologne longevity is definitely a YMMV thing. On me, 1805 last all day. With the 1ml sample vials, I put a finger over the top, invert and put and place on one wrist. I then repeat again for the other wrist and again once more for my chest.

Cologne longevity is definitely a YMMV thing. On me, 1805 last all day. With the 1ml sample vials, I put a finger over the top, invert and put and place on one wrist. I then repeat again for the other wrist and again once more for my chest.

That would typically be my dosage, except I'll go two-three spots on the neck instead of one on the chest.

I really liked the fragrance. I guess it is supposed to be an aquatic fragrance, but I didn't get that much at all. I thought it was a very crisp, very clean and subdued woodsy scent that I picked up. Again--I really liked it. I could "sniff" the sample all day long. It was the longevity that got me--it simply doesn't last long enough on me.

While YMMV, I think I've determined T&H 1805 to be a fine scent "in the bottle" but once on the skin it is indeed the incredible disappearing EdT. Longevity for this one is nearly non-existent on me. I reapplied today and did so heavily. Sadly, Less than 2 hours later the scent is long gone.

So, again YMMV, but my take is that longevity issues ruin this particular scent as an option for me.

NOTE: I checked Basenotes today and it appears I'm not the only one--lots of complaints about longevity.

I never had a problem with 1805's longevity; I had to give it up because I'm allergic to it. I gave it to my brother.

If you like 1805, let me give you this hint. There is a scent by Puig that is branded under the "Antonio Banderas" name.....I'm blanking on what the scent is called. It comes in a little blue bottle. It's available at Walgreens and the like.

I swear that that stuff smells ALMOST EXACTLY like T&H 1805. I like it MUCH better that L'Eau D'Issey, which is often recommended in this situation (and, in fact, was recommended earlier in this thread). The Antonio Banderas stuff is much less expensive and it smells better, too. If you didn't tell me what you had put on, I would say it was 1805.

Maybe you should check the Banderas juice out before you fork over the cash for the L'Eau D'Issey.

I never had a problem with 1805's longevity; I had to give it up because I'm allergic to it. I gave it to my brother.

If you like 1805, let me give you this hint. There is a scent by Puig that is branded under the "Antonio Banderas" name.....I'm blanking on what the scent is called. It comes in a little blue bottle. It's available at Walgreens and the like.

I swear that that stuff smells ALMOST EXACTLY like T&H 1805. I like it MUCH better that L'Eau D'Issey, which is often recommended in this situation (and, in fact, was recommended earlier in this thread). The Antonio Banderas stuff is much less expensive and it smells better, too. If you didn't tell me what you had put on, I would say it was 1805.

Maybe you should check the Banderas juice out before you fork over the cash for the L'Eau D'Issey.

Could you mean BLUE SEDUCTION possibly ?

Couple of suggestions for you.

If you liked the 1805, you might also try L'eau d'Issey as I think it's probably a "knock off" of the original release by Issey Miyake. I can't speak to the longevity of 1805 (it's been quite awhile since I ran through my T&H sampler), but I can tell you that you should not have any longevity issues with the L'eau d'Issey.

Next, as far as your samples go, if you will invest in some small 2 ml atomizers, empty your samples into atomizers, your samples will last longer and you will get a better feel for how they apply coming out of an atomizer vs. dabbing with your finger. You'll get better application and a better feel for how they will wear if you decide to make a FB purchase.

Issey Miyake is soooooooo 1805 !!!!!!!! glad someone else noticed this !!:laugh:

Could you mean BLUE SEDUCTION possibly ?

Yep. Bingo.

This stuff is almost a DEAD RINGER for 1805. I never got a chance to smell them actually side-by-side, so there may be a few subtle differences, but it smells a LOT more like 1805 than L'Eau d'Issey does.

Yep. Bingo.

This stuff is almost a DEAD RINGER for 1805. I never got a chance to smell them actually side-by-side, so there may be a few subtle differences, but it smells a LOT more like 1805 than L'Eau d'Issey does.

You are right.
I tried it tonight at Walgreens.
At first I disagreed, but after it was on for about half an hour, it began to smell more and more like 1805. Right now, three hours later, I can't tell the difference between the two.

Top Bottom