What's new

Truefitt and Hill

I have ordered the Sanbelwood shaving cream version. What can I expect from this cream? Does it work for sensative skin?

Bob

A fairly strong almond/marzipan scent, and first-rate performance.
Some have reported dermal sensitivity to benzaldehyde - a substance, present in TH Almond, which has a characteristic pleasant almond-like odor. However, this is rare.
(FWIW, benzaldehyde is also used as a flavoring and fragrance in food.)

Welcome, Bob, to B&B!
You should be pleased with T&H sandalwood cream.
I have some in the sample pouches that are nice for travel.
I'd say it's a fairly straight sandalwood scent, with a drop of muskiness.
Not overly loaded with fragrance, so hopefully it will be kind to your skin.
Let us know how you like it!

$truefitt hill sandalwood gillette flexball art of shaving november 20 2014.jpg

Adding my tuppence worth.

I've got the samples too, and compared the T&H with TOBS sandalwood, the T&H is a more subtle hit. It's to my nose, quite similar to Proraso red. Can't comment on sensitivity mind.

Edit: My apologies! My comments on TH Almond, inadvertently got crossed into this thread. Performance-wise, TH Sandalwood, is excellent - as are all TH creams, IMO. Scent-wise, I don't much care for TH's interpretation of sandalwood; to me, it doesn't really smell of authentic Mysore sandalwood, and, has a pronounced cologne vibe. That said, I've read many favourable reports on its scent, and you very well might like it.
As for skin friendliness, it doesn't contain any calming elements as such. It does (still) contain parabens, although such compounds are considerably less likely to cause acute skin aggravation, compared to scents, in general.

Jim nailed it. In my experience, everything T&H is just super.

I have just shaved with it. This is a very nice cream that helps with skin irritation. The lather is thick when I place it on my face. This is the best one I have tried even compared with other premium shaving dreams.

Bob

Nice report, Bob. Glad you like the T&H.

I have just shaved with it. This is a very nice cream that helps with skin irritation. The lather is thick when I place it on my face. This is the best one I have tried even compared with other premium shaving dreams.

Bob

Bob

Super! How did you like the smell?

Th are the only creams I've tried. I'm a soap guy but that being said I'm on my fourth sample of the cream now and have used sandalwood. Trafalgar, Grafton, and 1805. They are all fantastic. My first full size cream purchase will definitely be th.

The smell is very nice indeed! I have just ordered the 1805 due to me being so impressed. The cream feel cool against my skin. This was a pleasant surprise. I was thinking of ordering directly from their website. Br if one considers their substantial shipping costs for flat rate USPS package, I find this cream more inexpensive on Am*zon.

Bob

The samples are small and IMHO don't smell or work as does the full size creams. Perhaps it's because they are squeezed into a small cardboard container.

Th are the only creams I've tried. I'm a soap guy but that being said I'm on my fourth sample of the cream now and have used sandalwood. Trafalgar, Grafton, and 1805. They are all fantastic. My first full size cream purchase will definitely be th.

IMO, 1805 is a fabulous scent for spring and summer. I found TH to be the most luxurious of creams. However, the sandalwood scent is by AOS.

Top Bottom