What's new

Truefitt and Hill Hair and Skin Products

I recently got an order of various hair and skin products from T&H. I will give a brief description of the product and my experience with those particular items.

1.) C.A.R. Lotion - When I first saw this product advertised on the T&H (http://www.truefittandhill.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=0001&Category_Code=HP) website I must admit I was a bit hesitant on ordering it as the appearance and description reminded me of something my grandfather (I am 36) would have put in his hair. Don't get me wrong, I just recall his hair always being slicked back and smelling like that blue solution barbers place their combs into! Anyways I ordered and got the product and sure enough it had a strange yet similar to menthol smell, it was not quite as strong as it but there was a semblance. But, I have to tell you, the product was fantastic and works similar to the hair tonic you might get put into your hair at an old fashioned barber shop. In the past I just used the cheap gels from CVS and the likes.

2.) Hair Pomade - I have always wanted to try the American Crew Pomade that I see advertised at most local barbershops in my area but for whatever reason I never did. Well, since I was having such good luck with the T&H shaving products and what not I decided to give their pomade a shot too and I am glad I did. Again it is all personal preference but for those out there that have debated on getting either the C.A.R. lotion or the pomade I encourage to get either one or the other or both to see if you like them. The pomade is more modern while the C.A.R is more classic. What can I say; I like them both and give them my highest recommendation.

3.) West Indian Lime Bath/Shower Gel and West Indian Lime Soap - I cannot say enough good things these two products. If you are partial to this scent in either the shaving cream, cologne and after shave/balm then you will just love them on your body during a shower/bath. The scent is the epitome of CLEAN and REFERSHING, trust me, the smell just doesn't die after the shower is finished, it stays with you and it is for this reason that I love these two products. I was already shaving with the West Indian Lime scent when I decided to try them out and all I can say is that I wish I had found more about it a long time ago!

4.) T&H West Indian Lime Shampoo - It smells fantastic but if you are going to be putting oils and/or creams in your hair I see no other reason to use it. I do have it and now find myself using this particular shampoo just before going to bed. That way the smell can be appreciated; if you like good smelling shampoos and do not put products in your hair that could mask the scent then go for it! My wife has commented that she likes it and I do use it like I mentioned before I go to bed and when I do not plan on putting any hair products in my hair.

5.) T & H Frequent Use Shampoo and Hair Thickening Shampoo - Both are great products and they are in my current rotation along with the Lime Shampoo, sure they smell good but their usage is of course for specific purposes. If you shampoo quite often like I do you will of course like the frequent use product since it is primarily made for that reason with no harm being done to your hair when using it frequently. On the other hand the thickening product says to only use it for no more than two to three times per week. I would assume it could strip away vital parts of your hair if used too often. I must say I feel that the thickening product does improve the manageability of my hair when I do use it so it must be working.

I welcome any comments and/or feedback both positive and negative based on others experiences with these same products. On the other hand, if any members have been toying with the idea of getting some of these products I will try my best to answer your questions if you have any.

Hey, I am not the best writer in the world and some of what I said might sound redundant (at least some of it seemed that way to me) but I am only trying to give my observations/opinions’. Thanks for your kind understanding.

Cheers,

Joe

PS: All of the above products were ordered from Truefitt and Hill direct in Chicago (http://www.truefittandhill.com/

Nice reviews Joe. I also use the Car lotion on a regular basis. I have both the green liquid and the clear liquid. They are both very good.

Austin said:
Nice reviews Joe. I also use the Car lotion on a regular basis. I have both the green liquid and the clear liquid. They are both very good.

Thanks for your kind words. Have you noticed that on the US site that they do not include the "Tonic lotion special" while on the UK site they do and that on the US site they include the pomade while on the UK site they don't? I wonder why that is.

http://www.truefittandhill.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=0001&Category_Code=HP

http://www.truefittandhill.co.uk/Products/productdisplay.php?cate_id=22

Is the clear liquid you are talking about the C.A.R. cream "no oil?" How is that in comparison to the green lotion? I get so confused sometimes with all the various items out there.

Joe, the clear lotion has no oil. It has better holding than the green lotion with oil. The green lotion is more of a hair dressing. I like them both. The green lotion leaves my hair very soft. The clear lotion has more hold especially on those windy days. I hope this helps.

Andrew

I bought bottles of T&H shower gels here locally (1805, Trafalgar, Grafton).

Overall I was not impressed, especially of 1805 for which I had high hopes:mad: . The "soap" scent overpowered the cologne scent.

Interestingly enough, the Grafton, whose cologne I don't really like that much, was the most pleasant and longest lasting of the bunch

Top Bottom