What's new

Truefitt and Hill 1805 and Trafalgar aftershaves

I am curious to try the T&H aftershaves, I like their razor quite a bit. It is expensive but I believe in the get for you pay for theory usually. Ig you have tried them i would like to hear your opinions.

The best way to try the T&H line is with their awesome sampler package; dirt cheap and you get a discount for being a B&Ber

Truefitt & Hill: 15% Discount to B&B Members -- Code: BB12

The cologne is nice, esp the 1805, but I will be honest - I w/n buy it because the scent is gone within 30 mins

The T&H sampler pack is one of the best deals going. I think their creams are excellent performers, but the ASB's - IMO - are a bit too heavy and greasy.

If you want to try something that is supposed to smell nearly identical, try Antonio Banderas Blue Seduction. I got some for Christmas and it lasts fairly well. I can't compare it to 1805 but someone here recommended it as a replacement. Much cheaper too at around $30 for 3.4 oz at most of the discount sites or Amazon.

I looked at the T&H site the sampler pack specifically says that the 1805 and Trafalgar are not in it, Maybe they are back ordered? Thanks for the input Gent's.

Trafalgar asb has a great scent and is nice. For me it didn't solve razor burn and redness so I've not used it much but I think most would love it.

I totally agree with Qhead. The scent of the T&H aftershaves is phenomenal, but their soothing properties leave a little to be desired. I prefer my Nivea ASB if I need to deal with some razor burn

A guy buys these for the scent, which are classics. The splashes are basically coloring, alcohol and scent. The balms just don't do much in the way of healing.

Trafalgar ASB and cologne are superb...one of my tops along with BB, Floris....

The balm is incredibly moisterizing under harsh conditions

1805 and Grafton are the two colognes I invariably come back to. Their longevity is astounding. So much so that I still catch whiffs of it on myself at bedtime!

I love the 1805 scent but I'm not a fan of T&H ASBs. Too greasy and they leave my face irritated for about 10 minutes after using it. I have not tried the Trafalgar yet.

I love the 1805 scent but I'm not a fan of T&H ASBs. Too greasy and they leave my face irritated for about 10 minutes after using it. I have not tried the Trafalgar yet.

I had some irritation from the AS balms as well from a few of them in my sampler pack. The Sandalwood scent comes to mind as one the gave me some irritation long after the shave. My favorite T&H scent is Spanish Leather. I have the cologne and the splash in bottle form (there is no cream or balm in this scent). My second favorite is Grafton and 1805 is my third. I was very impressed with T&H's creams for scent and performance, but not as impressed with the AS balms..... although I have the Ultimate Comfort (unscented) balm and it performs very well.

Ben

Top Bottom