What's new

true and false ASTRA

造假1.jpg

The top one appears real and matches genuine blades that I have. On the blade printing, the As at the beginning and end of the brand AstrA are a bit taller than the letters in the middle. Just like the branding on the box. I'm not so sure about the bottom blade because the As on each end of the AstrA blade printing are slightly shorter than the letters in the middle.

Occam's Razor: Even if there's such a thing as counterfeit blades, a low-cost blade like the Astra wouldn't be the best choice for a crook, and surely said crook is not making a replica of the 100-blade Astra box as shown in the picture; that would be a sh*t ton more work involving a 2nd Chinese facility. Razor blades and boxes are not made on the same equipment.

It's probably just the usual printing quality control issues / variance we've seen with so many of the Russian blades.

One shave should tell you what you need to know.

I think the incorrect spelling Rroctor, in Proctor & Gamble, makes it pretty unlikely they're genuine. On genuine 5-blade boxes that I have, Proctor is spelled correctly. Also, it appears that the 5-blade box in these pictures is produced in a different way than boxes I believe are genuine. On the genuine 5 blade boxes, there is a single seam that runs along the bottom edge of the box. Based on the pictures in this thread, it appears that there are two seams, with one on the top and one on the bottom edge of the box. It also appears that the 5-blade boxes shown in this thread are folded much less precisely.

I'd be really interested in hearing how these shave.

Occam's Razor: Even if there's such a thing as counterfeit blades, a low-cost blade like the Astra wouldn't be the best choice for a crook, and surely said crook is not making a replica of the 100-blade Astra box as shown in the picture; that would be a sh*t ton more work involving a 2nd Chinese facility. Razor blades and boxes are not made on the same equipment.

It's probably just the usual printing quality control issues / variance we've seen with so many of the Russian blades.

One shave should tell you what you need to know.
Not so sure....a few years back the Commies were bootlegging " MEM " blades , one of the worst blades made...

I think the incorrect spelling Rroctor, in Proctor & Gamble, makes it pretty unlikely they're genuine. On genuine 5-blade boxes that I have, Proctor is spelled correctly. Also, it appears that the 5-blade box in these pictures is produced in a different way than boxes I believe are genuine. On the genuine 5 blade boxes, there is a single seam that runs along the bottom edge of the box. Based on the pictures in this thread, it appears that there are two seams, with one on the top and one on the bottom edge of the box. It also appears that the 5-blade boxes shown in this thread are folded much less precisely.

I'd be really interested in hearing how these shave.
I've been using Russian blades for years , never saw misprinted words... It's possible these are factory " seconds ", and are sent to countries where most blades are used by tailors and seamstresses, exactly what the Czech Blade Co. does with their entire line up of blades...

It might be just font differences... they also have laser etched ones and I've been enjoying them. Wouldn't it be more costly to make fake Astra's?

Top Bottom