What's new

true and false ASTRA

The box is definitely fake. Mine does not have the date in yellow.

And yes, there are fake astra blades out there. The fake blue ones can easily be found here.

P&G moved all its PPI made blades to laser etched blades because fakes were floating around. Only way to be sure is to get the new ones.

I must admit that spelling "Roctor" in Proctor & Gamble is ... probably not something that P&G would do. I'm resisting the urge to go examine all my boxes of 2,000 blades with a magnifying glass.

I am glad I am done buying blades. This counterfeiting business is nasty and some countries are terrible when they allow it.
Crooks counterfeit whatever they can. Remember, some people make and live of $100 a month. Counterfeiting razor blades in certain places pays off, by the look of it.

Average income around the world

Adjusted net national income per capita (current US$) | Data

The owner of the Chinese "Amazon" called TaoBao said that if China totally eliminated their counterfeit makers/goods that their economy would collapse!!

E-E
D4A028B7E0F2B6BC213AA4E59C68430D.png
576C6197A516D149170D432E75824085.png

Counterfeit Astras have been around for a while. I received counterfeits two years ago from Amazon. It was my first batch of Astras. I thought they were all that bad until I tried some I received on a bst lot. The experience soured me from buying any more.

Counterfeit P&G blades are a fact. 2 years ago bought fake Silver Blues. Last summer ordered 100 [fake] Gillette Stainless that said "Made in Czech Republic". Returned them to the seller right away. Thank God I had the original Czech ones and sent comparison photos to the seller.

Font differences, box paper different, fakes have no smell, originals have the oil smell. Also fakes don't have any of the PPI glue on them at all. When you start shaving the difference is even more obvoius.

^ Interesting. Would you go so far as to say that if there's glue dots, it's probably a legit blade? It seems like glue would be a lot of work for a counterfeiter, but I guess anything's possible. I've bought a lot of blades on eBay but they've all had the glue dots. That said, I have had a few sleeves where the blades just didn't seem as good, and wasn't sure what to make of it.

Not sure if only the glue factor could be enough. Could be some fakes with it, but then again the fake Czech made Gillette Stainless didn't have the glue as well.

Top Bottom