What's new

Trouble spot: neck hollows

@Animag771 I’m still here and still working on it. Started to use “the method” for keeping my blades sharp which has made straight shaving much more enjoyable. Used my straights all week and am slowly getting better with practice.

@Animag771 I’m still here and still working on it. Started to use “the method” for keeping my blades sharp which has made straight shaving much more enjoyable. Used my straights all week and am slowly getting better with practice.
Good to know. Thanks for the update. I'm glad things are coming together for you.

Since I have been using Slashes “method” my blades have been super sharp and my straight razor shaves much more enjoyable. I have been using my straights daily for the past 3 weeks and my neck hollow issues are getting less and less. I think it is just a matter of reps and trying new approaches until you figure it out. My overall shave time is also decreasing and I think I am almost as fast as using my DE for a two pass shave.

Since I have been using Slashes “method” my blades have been super sharp and my straight razor shaves much more enjoyable. I have been using my straights daily for the past 3 weeks and my neck hollow issues are getting less and less. I think it is just a matter of reps and trying new approaches until you figure it out. My overall shave time is also decreasing and I think I am almost as fast as using my DE for a two pass shave.
What's "slashes method? Never heard of that.

Update — my neck hollows issues are no longer. After many reps I have figured out how to deal with this tricky spot. My only remaining trouble spot remain the right side of my neck on ATG pass with my left hand. It is getting better and better with more reps but still needs some work.

I can feel your pain, I've been shaving with a straight for a little over a year now and I can get a BBS shave everywhere but the left and right side of my adam's apple. Sadly for that I have to go back to a DE to take care of it. Hopefully one of these days I will figure a way that works for me. Keep at it.

Top Bottom