What's new

Triple Rose Water by Bigelow Chemists - Fire in the house!

After a shave this morning (Future with Merkur blade) and a cold water splash rinse, I tried the Triple Rose Water by Bigelow Chemists and my face screamed out in pain!

Ok, it was really my mouth that did the screaming, but the pain was present, nevertheless.

I immediately washed it off and applied some Trumpers Rose Skin Food and felt immediate comfort.

Is this a normal reaction to Triple Rose Water or am I just senstitive to it?

I have a love/hate relationship with the smell, so I am hoping to be able to eventually use it, but not with this kind of pain.

-joedy

Kinda like this?

proxy.php

Similar, but I'm just a little taller than this kid. ;)

Anyone else try this triple rose water?

-joedy

Correct me if I'm wrong but the triple rose water has an higher alcohol content then the regular toners. Similar to, Thayer Extra strength. The alcohol is what is probably causing that pain. I use Thayer’s Extra strength nearly everyday and I can tell you that it is not a pleasant experience at first.

scarface said:
...I use Thayer’s Extra strength nearly everyday and I can tell you that it is not a pleasant experience at first.

Is there really any part of a good shave that should be unpleasant? Shouldn't even an astringent feel be mostly pleasant and if it is to a painful extent isn't that the face telling you something?

MJB

scarface said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but the triple rose water has an higher alcohol content then the regular toners...

Now, this is a good point. Since I only have a sample, I don't have the ingredients listing.

While I like the Rose Water scent, I don't relish pain. My whole point of transitioning to the DE was to eliminate the pain (whether during or thereafter the shave.)

Does anyone know of any Rose Water treatments without the alcohol? Or, is the very nature of Rose Water insist that it contain alcohol?

I have the Rose Skin Food which I like very much, but the scent is fleeting.

-joedy

Joedy said:
Now, this is a good point. Since I only have a sample, I don't have the ingredients listing.

While I like the Rose Water scent, I don't relish pain. My whole point of transitioning to the DE was to eliminate the pain (whether during or thereafter the shave.)

Does anyone know of any Rose Water treatments without the alcohol? Or, is the very nature of Rose Water insist that it contain alcohol?

I have the Rose Skin Food which I like very much, but the scent is fleeting.

-joedy
Joedy,
You may wish to try a simple Rose Hydrosol such as that sold by QED. It is the fluid that remains from the distillation of rose eo..

Ron,

Does QED have Rose Hydrosol listed on their web site? I could not locate it.

-joedy

Joedy, you need to call 1-888-666-6666 and when you hear three beeps, say "This is Mr. X. Any messages from Tangiers?"

Seriously though, you have to navigate the monstrosity that is Charle's site - at the home page, look down the left side for a little flashing thingie that says "Other fabulous toiletry products..." and you'll get a list of lots of stuff. In the end you'll have to put the hydrosol in the comments thread of your order and Charles will get it to you. Or call him....

Scotto said:
Joedy, you need to call 1-888-666-6666 and when you hear three beeps, say "This is Mr. X. Any messages from Tangiers?"

Seriously though, you have to navigate the monstrosity that is Charle's site - at the home page, look down the left side for a little flashing thingie that says "Other fabulous toiletry products..." and you'll get a list of lots of stuff. In the end you'll have to put the hydrosol in the comments thread of your order and Charles will get it to you. Or call him....
Scotto,
It is obvious that you have been hanging around the forum too much.:lol:

Joedy,
Charles offers several hydrosols,
  • rose
  • lavender
  • lemon verbena
  • peppermint
  • rose geranium
  • DaVinci Water
The DaVinci Water is an olio of rose and lavender water and is named for the man who so loved these two scents. You can order them (if you're lucky enough to get to Charles order page) in either plastic or cobalt-blue glass bottles. Either bottle can be ordered with an atomizer top or cap.
You may wish to get a smorgasbord of the smallest size bottle, giving you the opportunity to see how each hydrosol suits your skin and sense of early morning fragrance.

MJB said:
Is there really any part of a good shave that should be unpleasant? Shouldn't even an astringent feel be mostly pleasant and if it is to a painful extent isn't that the face telling you something?

MJB

Well anything alocohol based is not going to be pleasant, no matter how good of a shave you've had. Though the tingle is not to be desired I like the way the toner makes my skin feel and how refreshing it is to use, therefore I don't mind it.

I understand that some products like shaving creams can give you a burning feeling and that definately is not a good thing as your skin is trying to tell you something.

But as always YMMV.

Top Bottom