What's new

Trip to Osaka, recommend me wet shaving shops !

Hi !

I am going to osaka for a few days on business. Does anyone know where i can find the Kai excelia or some feather AC in Osaka or anything worth checking out ?

Thanks! :thumbup::thumbup:

F.

The only DE razor I've seen in 9 years in Japan (in a bricks and mortar store) is the Feather Popular.

The Feather and Kai razors you mentioned are only available online.

You should find a fair choice of after shaves in any drug store, but not much more than that I'm afraid!

Thanks i appreciate the answer ! I might try to order online and get it delivered at my hotel.

I decided to drop an email to feather and here is what they told me:

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your inquiry about our product.

We would like to inform you of the details of the shop which sells our Artist Club razors in Osaka as follows:

OKAMOTO SHOKAI Osaka store

Opening hours: (Mon) 9:30 – 21:00

(Tue – Sat) 10:00 – 21:00 (10:00 – 20:00 on national holidays)

Address: 2-6-15, Nishi-shinsaibashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka 542-0086

TEL: +81-6-6213-1521

FAX: +81-6-6212-5071

According to the shop, it is basically for membership only, but a short stay visitor from other countries can enter and buy if you show your passport at the reception.

For more details, please ask at the shop.

For your information, PB-20 Professional Blade can be purchased from TOKYU HANDS Umeda store (Umeda Daimaru Department 12th floor).

Thank you very much for contacting us.

Best regards,

Very interesting!

As the poster above noted, Japan is aftershave heaven -- many reasonably priced and pleasant-smelling offerings. Try the Genky or Valor drugstores if you see one. Lucido (menthol with very little aroma), Valcan, Mandom, MG5, Auslese and Bravas are all good.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/84940-Old-School-Japanese-aftershaves/page6

I was surprised to see single-edge blades with some frequency. Feather DE blades can be seen here and there in grocery and drugstores. I have never seen Kai blades.

Mostly, it's cartridge-oriented. Gatsby cool-type shaving gel is a pretty good product.

Last edited:
Thanks the recommendation i ll keep my eyes open for those!

I will definitely go to tokyu hands as they are close to my hotel(5 minutes walk) the pro blades are my favourites so i might stock up on then.

Iwill probably skip on okamoto. I can't see any ac on their page and since it s member only + my bad japanese, sounds like it will be a waste of time.

I could probably order from amazon jp and collect it at my hotel instead!

Ok i am going to answer my own question. I have done a bit of digging and spoke to my colleagues in Japan. Here is what I found.

You can register on amazon japan an account with your foreign payment card. You can ask for your order to be delivered in one of the MANY convenient stores like lawson / family mart and pick it up there. The good thing about it is that they are open 24/7.

(chiming in late)

I can't speak for Osaka but what @Bluebriz posted above is totally true in Tokyo - generally in stores you'll only see Feather Populars (which are ubiquitous and easily available). Daiso (a 100-yen shop that is everywhere) has their own similar model which is made by Dorco (and also sells Dorco blades). Feather blades are inexpensive here. As far as I can tell, Kai does not sell their DE blades domestically, except for a pastry knife they make.

The after-shave selection is indeed overflowing in most drugstores. One thing you might want to pick up while here is 4711 Portugal. It's my favorite and is apparently unique to this region, unlike normal 4711.

For vintage straights there's a few places I have heard of but I have never been - mostly because there's no need, due to an excellent online vendor up in Tochigi that sells on ebay and has very inexpensive domestic shipping. For DEs, you might be out of luck.

Additionally, Amazon will deliver to hotels. You can ask the hotel desk for details.

So in the end i skipped on aftershave splash as i am not a big fan of splash.

But here is what i bought:
- 10 boxes of feather pro ac blades for 7000 yen of amazon
- 1 feather dx with wood handle for 16000 yen of amazon
- 1 feather popular at tokyu hands in Osaka
- 4 pack of feather de blades from tokyu hands
- 2 pack of schick proline from tokyu hands in osaka

I could not found any DE in family mart or lawson i have looked at in osaka neither at yodobashi shops.

The best deal were of amazon really

Sounds like you did well!

Amazon is amazing here, I was getting Feather blades at 300 yen for 10 for a while.

Can I ask, what are the Schick Proline blades for? I've never come across the name before.

So in the end i skipped on aftershave splash as i am not a big fan of splash.

But here is what i bought:
- 10 boxes of feather pro ac blades for 7000 yen of amazon
- 1 feather dx with wood handle for 16000 yen of amazon
- 1 feather popular at tokyu hands in Osaka
- 4 pack of feather de blades from tokyu hands
- 2 pack of schick proline from tokyu hands in osaka

I could not found any DE in family mart or lawson i have looked at in osaka neither at yodobashi shops.

The best deal were of amazon really

They are feather AC blades clone they are similar to the PB20 ( same hole and size) and should fit a mongoose / cobra / dx and so on.

You can find them on amazon jp or rakuten under the reference "schick proline P20" the P30 i think arr the same but in larger container but i hAve not seen them in person.

Top Bottom