What's new

Trimming beard/mustache connectors.

This is the 13th week of beard/mustache growth and i still haven't seperated/trimmed those beard connectors.The part between my moustache that connects beard and stache.
But i'm not quite sure and confident on actually where i should start the trim,i'm afraid i don't grab the stache hair and trim them.
And i've got one more question for you guys if you could give me advice on.
2 days ago i was trimming my cheek lines,i forgot to comb my left stache down and i accidentally catched a bit of mustache hair with the blade 😢,so should i shorten the other side now or just leave it as it is,will it grow back and catch with the other side (that's untrimmed)?
It's not that much that i've shorten it,i still have a beard but not sure what's gonna happen when i trim the beard next month.
IMG_20210408_111015.jpg IMG_20210408_111021.jpg
IMG_20210408_111457.jpg IMG_20210408_111509.jpg
IMG_20210408_111526.jpg IMG_20210408_111533.jpg

I would suggest to keep em (NOT trimmed) just comb +- balm as in top row 2nd pic. Let it connect to the cheek beard

I gotta trim the connectors/hair on the side of the mustache. It gets in the way when I take a bite of food.

Maybe I should just buy some wax to keep them out the way.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
When I trim mine, I "collect" my moustache together using a comb, and put it in my mouth/between my lips. That way I can trim the connectors with scissors, without fear of hacking off a chunk of moustache. It gives me time to make sure the areas I want to keep are safe, and the areas I want to crop are exposed, before reaching for the sharps.

I would suggest to keep em (NOT trimmed) just comb +- balm as in top row 2nd pic. Let it connect to the cheek beard
I still don't use wax nor balm,i keep it all natural so maybe trim instead would be better.
When I trim mine, I "collect" my moustache together using a comb, and put it in my mouth/between my lips. That way I can trim the connectors with scissors, without fear of hacking off a chunk of moustache. It gives me time to make sure the areas I want to keep are safe, and the areas I want to crop are exposed, before reaching for the sharps.
Do you trim the hairs off completely?

Suggest you trim using the combination of comb and scissors. Use the comb like a guard, hold it at an angle to set the length you want, trim all the hairs that extend beyond the teeth of the comb. It will take some practice, but you will be able to blend everything together this way without taking too much off.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Do you trim the hairs off completely?

No. I define the boundary edges of the tache and beard with an open comb razor or shavette, and shorten the length of the connecting hairs between tache and goatee with scissors.

The "footprint" of my facial hair is slightly T shaped, with the unshaven tache area slightly wider than the unshaven goatee area, but the goatee is slightly wider than the mouth and does connect with the tache. While I let both goatee and tache grow, I do periodically trim the length of the connecting hairs, otherwise it gives the appearance of speading out wider than I want. Not a great pic, but it's prob the best I have on my phone right now.

IMG_20210210_210350_edit.jpg

Suggest you trim using the combination of comb and scissors. Use the comb like a guard, hold it at an angle to set the length you want, trim all the hairs that extend beyond the teeth of the comb. It will take some practice, but you will be able to blend everything together this way without taking too much off.
I'm just sitting rn and haven't even started but my hands already started to shake lol,jk.
Thank you,i'll try with that.
No. I define the boundary edges of the tache and beard with an open comb razor or shavette, and shorten the length of the connecting hairs between tache and goatee with scissors.

The "footprint" of my facial hair is slightly T shaped, with the unshaven tache area slightly wider than the unshaven goatee area, but the goatee is slightly wider than the mouth and does connect with the tache. While I let both goatee and tache grow, I do periodically trim the length of the connecting hairs, otherwise it gives the appearance of speading out wider than I want. Not a great pic, but it's prob the best I have on my phone right now.

View attachment 1249889
Ohh i can see it,those "connector" hairs can kinda mess up,and pull the actual tache hairs down with them too right?
I think i've noticed that with mine,when i tried to shape it to English or Handlebar style (without wax) those connecting hairs seemed to get in a way and i couldn't shape properly.

Top Bottom