What's new

Trimmed brushes - why???

I noticed that a lot of high-end brushes are trimmed: the tips of the bristles are cut so to provide an even shape for the bulb. Is this really thought to be better??? I have noticed that brushes which aren\'t trimmed are much softer on the face... that is the point of having a luxurious badger brush right?

Exactly, it\'s the low end badger brushes that are trimmed. This results in a (generally) not as desirable rough feeling to the tips of the hair.

well it is good to know we are on the same page. The brushes I have seen trimmed were simpsons, muehle, edwin jagger with super knots and i think plisson. funny enough, the one brush I have that is not trimmed is a silvertip omega which I understand is not considered highend... feels great though.

I think I know what you are talking about.

In the canopy of 'white' ends there is the odd 'black' clipped end. I have also seen this in all of the brushes I have owned except for the 'finest' knot I bought at the golden nib. There is nary are stray 'black' end anywhere near the top of that badger knot.

I don't like those clipped ends either, esspecially if I am paying the big bucks for a premium brush. It just goes to show you that sometimes the top price tag isn't the best there is.

Top Bottom