What's new

Tried two new (to me) A/s this week Captains and Musgo Real

I've been looking for a bracing warm weather A/S so I picked these up last week.

The Musgo (traditional) is amazing. It has the best combo of alcohol stimulation with skin care I've used. The alcohol sting is there but not overpowering and the feel of my skin throughout the day is great. My hands felt slightly tacky after applying and I had to rinse them off but my face felt great. I also like the scent which lasted for me for about 20 minutes. On the other hand it is slightly steep. $25 from West Coast with the BANDB discount. My wife is not a big fan of teh scent she said it was too "old".

The Captain's is a really good scent. A better scent IMO than the plain bay rum from Ogallala. But for skin care I think Ogallala treats me better. And the Limes and Peppercorns variant is different from Captains but equally good IMO.

Last edited:
I haven't tried the Captain's, but I to wear the Musgo in my rotation. My wife likes the Musgo and thinks it smells very fresh and I like it on warm days. The tacky feel is because of the aloe extract that works as a skin conditioner.

Yep, Musgo is kind of sticky straight out of the bottle-----I like to rub a little witchhazel in my hands before dumping the MR in. This not only helps it go farther, it also reduces the stickiness and you get the benefits of more WH to boot! If you notice on the box, witch hazel is one of the ingredients already anyway----this just thins it down a bit and gives you more of a good thing!

If Musgo feels sticky, use less. I only use a drop or two. That also moderates the scent.
That makes sense. I've been using a little less each time and it still feels just as effective on my skin. I've also noticed the stickiness on my hands disappears in a few minutes even if I don't rinse them.

I haven't tried the Captain's, but I to wear the Musgo in my rotation. My wife likes the Musgo and thinks it smells very fresh and I like it on warm days. The tacky feel is because of the aloe extract that works as a skin conditioner.
I'll have to give this a try

Top Bottom