What's new

Tried the King C. Gillete blades, pleasantly surprised!

I had been gifted the King C. Gillette razor by someone, and it came with a couple of tucks of blades so I thought I’d give them a try. I wasn’t expecting much, TBH, but I was wrong. I got a smooth, irritation-free shave out of them in my Parker Variant. I tried again using a Black Beauty and again, DFS! I have very coarse hair that’s like copper wire, and super soft sensitive skin, a bad combination, so blade longevity is an issue for me. I was able to get three shaves out of one blade, and it’s worth mentioning that the third shave, while still very close, there was a lot of pulling to cut the hair (two days’ growth), though I didn’t nick myself.

I usually use Astra SP blades, as they’ve been perfect for my beard/skin combination, and I’m happy with them, but it’s nice to know that in a pinch I can grab these from any Walgreens or CVS, though they are pricey!

Might as well get a box of Wizamets from Wizashave now and forget about blades for a while!
They are one of the two closest matches to King C blades, there is a whole thread about this.

Might as well get a box of Wizamets from Wizashave now and forget about blades for a while!
They are one of the two closest matches to King C blades, there is a whole thread about this.
Well, I already have 200 of my Astra SP blades that I’m VERY happy with, so I won’t be stocking up on these. In fact, had I not been gifted the razor, I likely wouldn’t have even tried these. When something works for me, I stick with it. Still, in a pinch while traveling, should I need to, it’s nice to know that there’s a reliable go-to OTC.

Top Bottom