What's new

Tried the Fusion Proglide Power today.

I tried the Fusion Proglide Power today and it gave an OK shave, but the vibration feature made it feel like I was dragging a block of cheese across my face and the shave quality was no better than my trusty Hydro 3 razor.

I have some real reservations about Gillette's advertising. They claim the 'snowplough comfort guard' removes excess shaving cream, but doesn't the safety bar on most razors do that anyway? I haven't tried the single edging blade on the back of the razor as the blade edge seems too far away from the casing to be of any real use.

Plus I would have to remortgage my house to buy the replacement blades for the Fusion Proglide Power.

I tried the regular ProGuard on an out of town trip recently (mostly because I had one of those $4 off coupons).

It was meh at best. Certainly no better than my trusty Trac II, and the blade was only good for 7 shaves which makes them super expensive.

Yes it will get the job done, but that doesn't make it the best razor on the market.

I They claim the 'snowplough comfort guard' removes excess shaving cream, but doesn't the safety bar on most razors do that anyway? I haven't tried the single edging blade on the back of the razor as the blade edge seems too far away from the casing to be of any real use.

Is excess shaving cream an issue? i thought the safety bar just manipulated the skin taughtness.

Isn't the single blade supposed to be for detail work? like side burns and touch-ups around small areas of facial hair?

Is excess shaving cream an issue? i thought the safety bar just manipulated the skin taughtness.

Isn't the single blade supposed to be for detail work? like side burns and touch-ups around small areas of facial hair?

To me, excess shaving cream is NOT an issue because I don't put an excess amount on my face in the first place.

The single blade is for detail work, but I have had no reason to use it. My main razor is the Hydro3 which does the job well enough; hence me not buying any replacement blades for the Fusion.

I tried both the power version and the manual one of the Proglide and i really prefer the manual one, the vibrating thing is totally useless, it's only good to numb your hand.
As for the shave i think it gives a really good shave for a cartridge razor, but like michiganlover said the blades doesn't last long so it gets very expensive if you shave only with that.
IMHO the Mach3 gives almost similar results at a fraction of the price.

IMHO the Mach3 gives almost similar results at a fraction of the price.

I wonder if the Mach 3 will turn into a vintage cart as Gillette keeps adding more blades to their new razors. Maybe we should stock up on these, they will be worth a fortune in 2040 when all other cartridges have at least a dozen blades. :w00t:

I tried both the power version and the manual one of the Proglide and i really prefer the manual one

I really hate the way Gillette describe their Fusion razors as 'Manual' and 'Powered'.

To me ALL razors, be they straight, DE, disposable, cartridge system etc are manual as it is YOUR HAND that guides the blade over the skin, not some electronic brain and auto gearbox in the razor that guides it for you.

not some electronic brain and auto gearbox in the razor that guides it for you.

:lol: I can see the Gillette infomercial already:lol:

'Now, for only 10 low payments of $199.95..... blades sold separately...'

Ken

(and a chrome, carbon fibre version available only at AOS)

i really hate the way gillette describe their fusion razors as 'manual' and 'powered'.

To me all razors, be they straight, de, disposable, cartridge system etc are manual as it is your hand that guides the blade over the skin, not some electronic brain and auto gearbox in the razor that guides it for you.

lmfao!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if the Mach 3 will turn into a vintage cart as Gillette keeps adding more blades to their new razors. Maybe we should stock up on these, they will be worth a fortune in 2040 when all other cartridges have at least a dozen blades. :w00t:

Be my guest! :biggrin1:

Top Bottom