What's new

Tried Something New today!!!

Still pretty new to wet shaving and I've been working on my technique and process. I found that I had a really hard time going XTG on my neck. So today I tried something different, instead of going XTG (East to West and vice versa) I went more of a diagonal from NE to SW and then SE to NW on my neck. On my face I still do E To W and W to E. So today's shave consisted of the following passes:

1. WTG (N to S Face and Neck)
2. XTG (E to W Face and NE to SW Neck)
3. XTG (W to E Face and SE to NW Neck)
4. ATG (S to N Face and Neck)

These steps gave me a very close shave. BBS!!!! By changing my XTG direction I had very little irritation and also less nicks and weepers on my neck. Never really had any issues with that on my face. Well that's my two cents for today. Hope this helps someone out there.

Happy shaving! :001_cool:

View attachment 265529

Last edited:
Congrats with the BBS. My recent shaves I have gotten BBS myself. It sure feels great. Good luck by keeping up with todays shaves in the future!

I do a similar thing on my neck as well as E to W or vice versa feels uncomfortable. I suppose I end up dot a cross between an XTG and ATG. Works very well for me as well.

By experimenting you find what works for you. For me going W to E on the left side of my neck and E to W on the right side does very little (for me that's WTG). So, a few years ago I just omitted that pass.

Ahh, Cella, for me it is a bittersweet memory. A love that should have been, but never will be. That almond smell and my inability to lather it (even with a dead rat's head) forced me to PIF it after only 2-3 shaves. Sigh.

Congrats on your discovery.

I'm struggling with the ATG on my neck (only one side), will have to try your method.

If only I could figure out my chin!

Still pretty new to wet shaving and I've been working on my technique and process. I found that I had a really hard time going XTG on my neck. So today I tried something different, instead of going XTG (East to West and vice versa) I went more of a diagonal from NE to SW and then SE to NW on my neck. On my face I still do E To W and W to E. So today's shave consisted of the following passes:

1. WTG (N to S Face and Neck)
2. XTG (E to W Face and NE to SW Neck)
3. XTG (W to E Face and SE to NW Neck)
4. ATG (S to N Face and Neck)

These steps gave me a very close shave. BBS!!!! By changing my XTG direction I had very little irritation and also less nicks and weepers on my neck. Never really had any issues with that on my face. Well that's my two cents for today. Hope this helps someone out there.

Happy shaving! :001_cool:

View attachment 265529
I've done diagonal for years, but you figured it out sooner in your shaving career.There are several threads on this technique. Welcome. You are ahead of the game.

Gus/BOTOC

I'm like Ack. I used to do more passes than a teen with a hot blonde, but now I'm down to two passes a shave and that is enough.

Top Bottom