What's new

Tried Osage Rub this morning

I've had a sample of Osage Rub sitting in a box for about two months now and this morning, I finally decided to give it a shot. I wasn't entirely sure if I was putting mouth wash on my face of aftershave. The burn. The lingering burn. I actually think I like it....
:bayrum2:

I'd like to try Osage Rub I love menthol coolness in my aftershaves. Would anyone be able to tell me what it smells like? It's expensive here in Australia as I have to import it so I'd like to know how it smells before I spend the money.

Osage Rub has menthol and eucalyptus so it goes on with a bit of a medicinal smell like Vicks VapoRub with powdery notes. The VVR scent dissipates leaving a clean, powdery scent. It's not a strong, long lingering scent and will not overpower any colognes or other aftershaves you might wear.

Osage Rub has menthol and eucalyptus so it goes on with a bit of a medicinal smell like Vicks VapoRub with powdery notes. The VVR scent dissipates leaving a clean, powdery scent. It's not a strong, long lingering scent and will not overpower any colognes or other aftershaves you might wear.

+1. I also detect a bit of a mint-like scent to it.

I really dig it and I've been adding it to my shave cream as well as using it as an aftershave. I'm down to about 1 inch left in my current bottle so it's about time to order some new. Fortunately, I found an online source where I can get it at a great price delivered. If I order two bottles it would come to $6.83 per bottle which is even cheaper than Aqua Velva ounce for ounce.

I really dig it and I've been adding it to my shave cream as well as using it as an aftershave. I'm down to about 1 inch left in my current bottle so it's about time to order some new. Fortunately, I found an online source where I can get it at a great price delivered. If I order two bottles it would come to $6.83 per bottle which is even cheaper than Aqua Velva ounce for ounce.

Is that price "shipped" for two bottles? Do share (via PM if necessary). :laugh:

For a double menthol kick, try the Osage/Goldbond one-two punch combination, which gives you the the ultimate pick-me-up. Spread the Osage Rub all over your face and neck. Hint: the Goldbond does not go onto your face.

I tried Osage Rub for the first time yesterday and it was the coldest cold I had ever experienced, a cold that crept through my body and enveloped my soul. It was as if I was standing alone on a bleak trackless directionless deserted land in the Arctic with no life no hope for a hundred miles, only ice and snow and absolute coldness.

I tried Osage Rub for the first time yesterday and it was the coldest cold I had ever experienced, a cold that crept through my body and enveloped my soul. It was as if I was standing alone on a bleak trackless directionless deserted land in the Arctic with no life no hope for a hundred miles, only ice and snow and absolute coldness.

Are you sure that wasn't you standing outside in the snow storm we had here in DC? :laugh:

Is the powdery note very noticeable? This sounds good, but i dislike the powder scent,.

For me, after Osage goes on, you get the strong "cough drops" aroma for about five minutes, and the menthol kick lasts about ten to fifteen. It fades very quickly, and IMO is not as "powdery" as, say, Clubman original.

Is that price "shipped" for two bottles? Do share (via PM if necessary). :laugh:

Yes, that's the price shipped. It comes out to $6.84 per bottle. I don't know what the policy is here because I've had links and mentions of web sites deleted before. I'll send you a PM with the source information.

Is the powdery note very noticeable? This sounds good, but i dislike the powder scent,.

The powdery note is what saves it for me. Otherwise you're only smelling like lineament or cold medicine until it dies down. Like the previous poster said, the Vicks VapoRub smell lasts around 5-10 minutes and then it dissipates into a lite powder scent. The powder scent isn't even remotely as strong as Clubman and doesn't really last that long. It's not strong enough to compete with or overpower any cologne or aftershave if you were to put it on after the Osage Rub.

Last edited:
I detect just a bit of powder in the after burn. It's all about the blast of menthol and eucalyptus for me.

Osage Rub is good stuff. I've been neglecting it lately for some reason though. Good to see this thread. After my shave tomorrow morning I will be finishing it off with a splash of the Rub.

Top Bottom