What's new

Tried Meissner Tremonia first time yesterday

http://imgur.com/a/z3xjh

Tried them yesterday.
Lathered "Strong Scottish" at hand and the scent is very smoky strong.
Use "Himalayan Height" on shaving.
Lather was good, not as creamy as tallow soaps, mild weaker then MdC.
Nice cushion and slickness.
Post shave feel was amazing, better then MdC.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Tried them yesterday.
Lathered "Strong Scottish" at hand and the scent is very smoky strong.
Use "Himalayan Height" on shaving.
Lather was good, not as creamy as tallow soaps, mild weaker then MdC.
Nice cushion and slickness.
Post shave feel was amazing, better then MdC.

Nice selection (your pic below) and now that you've had them a few years what do you think? Do you have a favorite? I was thinking of getting Strong 'n' Scottish -- I like my Warm Woods.
proxy.php

I have used the pastes before but had obtained a sample (some shavings really) and put it aside and forgot about it. I used that sample the other day and was amazed by how slick the soap was and how much of a voluminous lather it made in no time. I will definitely look for more soaps in the future when I work down some stock.

That said, I have only used Indian Flavour and Dark Limes, so no opinion on Strong n Scottish.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I recently picked up Dark Limes in the BST and I was blown away by it's performance. The scent is "unique", but not overly strong and not offensive.....just unusual. The performance on the other hand is straight-up awesome!!! Easy to lather, perfect amount of slickness, and great post-shave feel.

Mint Ice Menthol is a nice treat on a hot day. It pairs well with Sterling Eucalyptus and Mint.

Then Gentle Menthol pairs beautifully with Myrsol Balsamica.

I think MT has a very strange lather, unlike that of any other soap I have ever used in the past decade. I don't really like the consistency of it. Regardless of what I do in lathering with regards to water, time, heat of the water, etc., etc., it is always the same.

It develops into almost a two-phase lather, if you will. It is always fluffier and airier than I prefer. However, when I shave, I find that there is a very thin, richer layer of lather right up against my skin, with the fluffier stuff atop it.

As for the actual shave, it seems to shave great. Slickness is good, protection is average to good, and the post-shave face feel is good. So my objection to it is largely aesthetic or cosmetic. The lather is functionally just fine. It's just weird for me.

Top Bottom