What's new

Tried Joop Homme - Ugh!

I've read that Joop Homme got its inspiration from the Nine Flags scent "Hong Kong" (which I remember liking as a teenager). Since I've been unable to secure any Hong Kong, I figured I'd give the Joop a try - but I wanted to sample it first! I've learned my lesson about new to me fragrances.
Finally found a kiosk at the mall and the lady sprayed some on my wrist. Oh my, the stuff was awful! In your face, can't describe the notes, and even after washing my hand - and a shower 6 hours later - I could still smell it.
About the only positive I can say about it is I'd use it if I was forced to go to a dinner party of someone I can't stand. I'm sure the complaints would be so loud that the host would never invite me back. lol

Ok let me explain a little bit the scent.

A cinnamon bomb that comes right in your face, plus the bubblegum effect that comes just after the spraying. Longevity at about 7 days or more..

It just wasn't a scent I could wear. Within an hour the odor was giving me a headache. Some odd scents I can manage (I happen to like Jovan Sex Appeal for men) but this stuff was just too proud and too bright.

I used to wear it... when I was 14. I liked it at the time, swear I didn't overspray it but still got loads of negative comments about it. My father included a homophobic slur amongst the negative comments he dished out to me at the time! I stopped wearing it as a result and moved to Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme and Calvin Klein Contradiction for Men IIRC: worlds apart!

Whenever I've smelled it on other people since the impression it gives off hasn't changed to my nose.

Take a look at how it looks in the bottle. It looks loud to me! I always found the floral notes making the biggest impression but yes to the cinnamon too.

Top Bottom