What's new

Tried FM Cellar and like it, what's next in FM lineup?

I bought a one oz tin of the FM Cellar, and thouroughly enjoyed it. I know I will be ordering another tin. I would like to order another "flavor" of the Frog and am wondering opinions on the other baccys. I like the latakia flavoring.

Just wanted some insight on other Frog Morton flavors you all like

Also, ordered an ebauchon and plateaux pipe kit from Vermont Freehand to give making my own pipe a go. Excited to see what I can do!

They are all good, none of the others are as sweet as Cellar (my least favorite of the bunch) but everyone has different taste, I would recommend the Original Frog Morton or FM OTT or FM ATP or FM OTB :)

I like all the FM blends. It’s pretty hard to have a particular favorite as they all have something to offer, imho. That being said, I usually can find something to enjoy about any blend I’ve tried. I guess I’m easy to please. :001_smile

I recently tried FM Cellar and after a couple of pipefuls I’m hooked. I don’t usually go for tobaccos with flavoring, but smoking FM Cellar has got me keen to try other aromatic blends.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Here is another vote for FM original. Pick up some 3 Oak Syrian, too. The Syrian latakia is superior to the stuff from Cyprus, IMO. Don't get me wrong, I love both, but the Syrian stuff is a little more subtle, and kind of hard to describe (for me). It took me about three bowls to really appreciate it.

I've only tried OTT, but have an unopened tin of Cellar cellared. I'm not big on latakia, so I don't often reach for OTT. Is Cellar less latakia-y and more aromatic?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Never tried latakia before a few months back and picked up a tin of FM on the advice of Caveman. I am now hooked! Latakia and a cob seems magical to me.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I've only tried Original, and that was pretty good. Rather than trying to figure out what to have next, my plan is to get the Froggy Went A Courtin' sampler from P&C. A tin of each. I was going to do that this week, but I bought two new pipes instead.

Here is another vote for FM original. Pick up some 3 Oak Syrian, too. The Syrian latakia is superior to the stuff from Cyprus, IMO. Don't get me wrong, I love both, but the Syrian stuff is a little more subtle, and kind of hard to describe (for me). It took me about three bowls to really appreciate it.

proxy.php
FM original is great.

3OS is awesome, but keep in mind that it's doomed to extinction. Syrian Latakia isn't made anymore, there's an existing stock of it and when it's gone it's gone. So, like, don't fall in love with 3OS or buy any because that's less for me.

Never tried latakia before a few months back and picked up a tin of FM on the advice of Caveman. I am now hooked! Latakia and a cob seems magical to me.

Glad I could help! :001_cool:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Latakia- it's what's for breakfast.
proxy.php
FM original is great.

3OS is awesome, but keep in mind that it's doomed to extinction. Syrian Latakia isn't made anymore, there's an existing stock of it and when it's gone it's gone. So, like, don't fall in love with 3OS or buy any because that's less for me.

I think I need to order a bunch of it. That being said, I don't think the chaos in Syria can continue forever.

Latakia- it's what's for breakfast.

I think I need to order a bunch of it. That being said, I don't think the chaos in Syria can continue forever.

When Syria is finally settled, I'm not too optimistic that the farms, growers, seeds, techniques, and/or desire will be left to bring it back from the dead.

Break down, order the full line and smoke in the happiness.

These are not cellar queens; so running the line is extra fun, smoking one, then another and comparing the subtle differences.

After tonight's smoke, I have to point you in the direction of Seattle Pipe Clubs Plum Pudding. Smooth and delicious!

I've only tried Original, and that was pretty good. Rather than trying to figure out what to have next, my plan is to get the Froggy Went A Courtin' sampler from P&C. A tin of each. I was going to do that this week, but I bought two new pipes instead.

This how I purchase FM blends. They are all very good. If I had to choose a favorite, Original or Cellar. Froggy sampler is definitely the way to go.

Top Bottom