What's new

Tried Clubman for the first time this weekend

Found a bottle at Ride Aid. I have forgotten the smell of Clubman. I remember getting haircuts as a kid and the barber splashing it on my neck after using the straight razor, ouch!

What a classy smell.....

A little mixed about the club. I really like the face feel. I love the smell for the first few hours. For some reason, I get tired of it after that. As an experiment, I'll have to try a refresh to see if that helps. At least in USA, it is THE classic shop smell.

It's easily my most persistent AS scents.

A little mixed about the club. I really like the face feel. I love the smell for the first few hours. For some reason, I get tired of it after that. As an experiment, I'll have to try a refresh to see if that helps. At least in USA, it is THE classic shop smell.

It's easily my most persistent AS scents.

Try just doing a light face rinse with a couple of splashes of water half way through the day. I have oily skin, so I do that anyway. It seems to freshen up the Clubman scent a little for the rest of the day.

I am a closet Clubman guy.

I love the scent, but I only use it on the weekends because I dont like to have any other EdT competing with it. During the week; my aftershaves are great and I enjoy their scent - but I am just as happy when they fade away I and I use something in my EdT rotation.

Clubman stands alone.

I use it liberally and bask in the manliness of it all, even doing a touch-up later in the day to keep it going. My wife likes it, but it isnt her favorite on me - but she has accepted that it rules the weekend

It's a toss-up as to which is my favorite AS - Clubman original or Aqua Velva Ice Blue? I usually alternate between the two each day. Both are the very definition of classics.

I love the stuff! Only have tried the clubman, but love the smell and even better, I love the way that the fragrance returns when you wet your face. I usually shave in the evening because I wake up at 0430 to work out before I go to work in the morning. When I shower after my workout, I smell clubman all the way to work.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I too, love the Clubman. Unfortunately my wife does not. She says it smells "OK" but the scent "Just isn't you." I've tried to explain the whole masculine barbershop/memory connection, but she just doesn't understand. In order to keep her happy by giving her something to gripe about I wear it every Friday. I've tried to explain to her that I do it to make us a happier couple, but she doesn't see my logic.

Next up is The Veg and Lime Sec.

Adam

I'm loving Clubman. My wife is not crazy about it right after I splash it on, so I usually use it when she isn't in the bathroom. I'm also using Vanilla and Lime Sec. Still haven't tried the Veg yet.

I have the original and love it as it reminds me of getting my hair cut as a kid. Though my wife says it makes me smell like an old man. I want to try their bay rum (or any bayrum for that matter since everyone here speaks so highly of that scent)

I have both the original and the Virgin Island Bay Rum. Like em both and the scent stays with you all day instead of fading out in a few hours. When I wear the Bay Rum my wife says I smell "spicy" and she seems to like it.

Top Bottom