Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Trick or Treet Week
Halloween Shave: A trick for your face
IMG_9671.jpg

For today's Halloween special Trick or Treet week shave, I tried a new shortcut: load the brush with soap and one (1) razor blade and then just scrub it over your face! Saves the time of loading it into a razor and you can build the lather and shave your beard all in one step!

OK, so I didn't do that. I had a perfectly fine DFS shave from a not-so-sharp Treet "black beauty" blade in a Super Speed Red Tip. Happy Halloween, everyone!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Treet classic 2nd use
I had removed it from the razor and had it on paper towel however it felt unnecessary tugging post shave the blade edges looked off. Possibly small dots of rust? Or whatever so I binned it.

20221030_083958.jpg

Razor: Treet Baton Handle, black with red cap
Blade: Pal Carbon Steel Gem-type blade
Razor: Razorock Eco
Blade: Treet Black Beauty carbon steel
Brush: Made-Rite 500PB, Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: La Toja Shaving Stick
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Double Treet!

B985DE63-42F8-41C2-8EE4-50D0C1D142E9.jpeg

Halloween Week / Trick or Treet Week

Prep: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock

Razor: Blackland Blackbird head w/ Yaqi (silver) Bullet handle.
Blade: Treet Classic

Soap: Barrister & Mann Four Horsemen - Death
Brush: Van Der Hagen Pure Badger aka Scritch Monster
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Tabac Original
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

Here we are on Halloween. A wonderfully fun and spooky holiday. So, what better time then now to break out my Disney's Haunted Mansion (light-up) chess set. With Madame Leota, Hatbox Ghost and the three Hitchhiking Ghosts. We're all in for a real Treet...

Not knowing what creepy, scary monsters or ghouls I might cross paths with today, I felt that some added protection was in order. So, I called upon the (Blackland) "Blackbird" to watch over my most precious of body parts. My face! I know, vain right? I also brought along the ever so magical, silver "Bullet". With both in my possession I might stand a chance...

... A chance against Scritch Monster and Death! Yes! I said "and Death"!

Today's outlook looks dreary, and dark. I must hold Barrister & Mann responsible for part.

I did a four-pass shave as I was eyes deep in an abundant amount of Omnibus lather. For some minutes there I feared I might not make it out alive. Though don't be frightened my friends. As I did survive, or I could not have written this tale.

Once free of Death's grip, I could clearly see that my trusty Blackbird and silver Bullet were meant to be. They were steadfast and resolute. I was left shaken but thankful.

I tended to my wounds with Alum, Witch Hazel and some potion of Tabac. This left me in a healthy state of recovery. I was bruised (mentally) from my encounter but not broken. I hold my head high as I live on to best future battles to come.

Be well my fine friends, both ladies and gentlemen. But beware for you may not be as lucky as I when looking Death in the eye!

Happy Halloween everyone and enjoy your shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Thanks to everyone who took part in Trick or Treet Week!

Do you think we should do this again next year?
Thanks @Whiterook, We had 2 Halloween themes going this week on B & B and I think this one did all right considering 1st year of it. The Treet blades where a Treat to try and so I learned something about carbon steel blades, I might try Stainless steel ones next time.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Trick or Treet Week
IMG_20221031_142310.jpg

Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Treet Classic(8)
Soap: MdC Original
Brush: Yaqi Purple Mink

MdC Monday again, it has been great fun doing trick or Treet Week and I would like to thank @Whiterook for hosting and all those who've taken part

Trick or Treet 🎃, Day 7 (Monday), Shave 3
Razor: Gillette Tech (post war)
Blade: Treet Platinum (1)
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Omega
Brush: Omega boar
A/S: Pinaud Clubman + Nivea balm

Trick or Treet has not exactly gone to plan so it was time for a change. I tossed a new Treet Platinum in my gold Tech and gave it a run. The Treet and Tech were a much better combo this morning. I was able to get a decent shave, minor A/S burn with a little tug; but good enough for the office. Glad to finish with a good result! Here's to November. Thanks fellas for throwing a unique and quick themed shave!

I had kind of a rough week at work and haven't been shaving as much as I would normally, nor did I come on the forums. Back at it now and trying to catch up.

I tossed my first Durasharp after two shaves. I actually had to wait a day or two to let my skin heal. Switched up to a Treet platinum in the same red tip. This blade felt noticeably rougher and not as sharp. Even after a few shaves with the blade I never really felt it smooth out or feel sharper. I really could not get a great shave with it. There was always a few spots that I just couldn't get.

Maybe just the razor/blade combo just wasn't working out. On to the next shave.

Top Bottom