What's new

Triangular slotted Tech better? Why?

Hello all....

I'd love to address a question to all Tech fans....

I just recently acquired (it is enroute) a Gillette Triangular slotted Tech and there seems to be a collective opinion that these are the 'better' ones to have as opposed to the 'regular' ones post WW2 vintage. I was principally interested in a DE razor which would last near to forever that was slim enough in profile to address my hard to reach area of under the nose, something that my Slim adjustable and I are having to do touch ups after shaves....

What are the particular merits of this design versus the others? Do you think this was a good investment re: longevity?

Thanks in advance to all who might weigh in with a response to this thread....

I'm really looking forward to trying it out - I hope this razor won't be ultra aggressive - I'm still very happy with my EJ89 and Slim adjustable...

In my opinion, it's not ultra aggressive at all. It was one of my very first DE razors that I learned on, and I still love to use it.
It was probably my favorite until I tried a Gillette LC new.

Do you think this was a good investment re: longevity?

With proper care it will most likely be around, ready to offer up great shaves long after we are all gone. It's lasted 70+ years already and still nice enough to catch your eye. Enjoy your future family heirloom.

Tech (no matter the iterations, year, era, etc.) and "aggressive" don't belong in the same sentence. The more proper categorizations would be mild, less mild, and least mild.

With that said, my pre-war fat handle tech (with triangular slots) is my favorite razor. Perfectly balanced, wonderful grip, and a head that matches my technique.

I currently have five pre-wars, and I love them. My go to is the Canadian I got from Krona Kruiser, just something about it, just seems to shave better IMHO.

Top Bottom