What's new

Treewhaling

So, I have been largely absent from this forum for about 2 years since my Son was born, and upon my return, nothing could have gratified me more than doing a quick search for "treewhaling" and discovering my legacy is as strong as ever in the restraint threads.

I am truly humbled.

True to my signature, I haven't made a shave purchase in over two years.

But I bought a Convertible.

And so I needed new shocks.

And bump stops.

And shock mounts.

And wheels.

And tires.

And a three year supply of oil and air filters.

And a new fuel filter.

And new gaskets.

And plugs.

If I'm doing plugs I need to do wires.

And while I'm at it I need to replace every fluid with synthetics.

And she needs paint.

And I need tools.

And ramps.

And a floor jack.

And jack stands.

And a timing light.

So......

Needless to say, same old Treewhale, and SWMBO would have been happy for me to just keep buying razors instead.

pics or it didn't happen...

I bought my wife a used mini van... and about all the same parts as you did.
Its like christmas when car parts come in one at a time sitting on your doorstep ready to be unwrapped.
I got USPS text alerts to let me know when my sliding door lock actuators and oil drain nut come in.

I had no idea where the term Treewhale came from. Did someone really invent it from your Forum name due to an unprecedented spending binge? I would love to see that thread if it still exists.

I had no idea where the term Treewhale came from. Did someone really invent it from your Forum name due to an unprecedented spending binge? I would love to see that thread if it still exists.

If I recall, it comes from either the 2011 or 2012 restraint threads.

I was wondering the same thing! Here is the post Owen mentioned, and Post #5987 verbalized the process.

Last edited:
Nice... That is pretty awesome... Now i really understand the term. At least you made it almost to September.
Did you get it all at one shop? Or spread the fun around?
How much of it is still left?

Hey, welcome back, Owen. You didn't go treewhale on the baby making did you? Do you know that scene from The Meaning of Life with the couple that chooses not to use protection!? :lol:

Nice... That is pretty awesome... Now i really understand the term. At least you made it almost to September.
Did you get it all at one shop? Or spread the fun around?
How much of it is still left?

I hit three or four different shops, and I still have a lot of it. The AOS tallow I ultimately sold for what I paid, most of the rest of it is there. I also bought a pile of Doroco cartridge razors that don't show up.

I never did approve of whales in trees, but if you are going to perch there please do not poop on my head.

Welcome back.

Top Bottom