What's new

GIVEAWAY! Treet Yo Self carbon blade PIF

I have envelopes going out in today's mail for @BobbyB @Strumbringer and @Grundi
When you start shaving with the blades, leave your reviews here:

Carbon Forest of Treets: A deep dive into carbon steel double-edge blades - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/carbon-forest-of-treets-a-deep-dive-into-carbon-steel-double-edge-blades.625422/

For @Inverted @studolf and @ewk : Please message me your mailing addresses so I can get the blades to you.
View attachment 1519280
Envelopes are sent for four of the six. @Inverted and @ewk , message me your addresses by tomorrow if you're still interested in participating; otherwise, I'll reopen the PIF.

Reactions: ewk
I have envelopes going out in today's mail for @BobbyB @Strumbringer and @Grundi
When you start shaving with the blades, leave your reviews here:

Carbon Forest of Treets: A deep dive into carbon steel double-edge blades - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/carbon-forest-of-treets-a-deep-dive-into-carbon-steel-double-edge-blades.625422/

For @Inverted @studolf and @ewk : Please message me your mailing addresses so I can get the blades to you.
View attachment 1519280
I received the 10 blades today. Will begin critiquing the 1st one tomorrow.

My blades arrived today too!! Entering the Carbon Forest of Treets tomorrow morning!!

Thank you, @slimshavy!

Treet_Carbon_Steel_Blades.jpg

14 Sep 2022: 8.5 BAS Moderate stubble, 2 nicks, 2 weepers. The Treet Classic and my WCS84S didn’t seem to work well this morning. Perhaps the WCS84S is too hefty for this blade. Yet post shave, my face is reasonably smooth. Tomorrow, I will use this blade in my Van der Hagen. Continuing to use the Noble Otter Lonestar with my Gray Dog brush.

14 Sep 2022: 8.5 BAS Moderate stubble, 2 nicks, 2 weepers. The Treet Classic and my WCS84S didn’t seem to work well this morning. Perhaps the WCS84S is too hefty for this blade. Yet post shave, my face is reasonably smooth. Tomorrow, I will use this blade in my Van der Hagen. Continuing to use the Noble Otter Lonestar with my Gray Dog brush.
Thanks, @BobbyB . Just a reminder to put the reviews over on the main review page, so we can have them all in one place.

18 Sep 2022: Today’s shave with a Treet Dura Sharp blade in my Van der Hagen razor, with Noble Otter Lonestar soap, along with my Gray Dog brush, yielded a 9.8 BBS rating shave with only token stubble to buff off. Also, there were no nicks or weepers or scab removal. This blade / razor combinations seems to work quite well together.

19 Sep 2022: Today the Treet Dura Sharp blade, my King C Gillette razor, Noble Otter Lonestar soap, and Omega--11126 brush, yielded a 10.0 BBS shave. Only minimal stubble remained after my WTG and XTG passes which a few buffing strokes resolved.

20 Sep 2022: Today the Treet Dura Sharp blade, my Van der Hagen razor, Noble Otter Lonestar soap, and Omega--11126 brush, yielded a 10.0 BBS quality shave with only token buffing required.

Mines just arrived this Friday (9/23/22), must have been a long trek to Canada. I plan on starting with the milder blades like the black beauty, then move on to the others. Btw can someone chime-in and let me know which blades are on the milder or sharper end of the spectrum?

Attachments

• IMG_20220924_210650.jpg
    IMG_20220924_210650.jpg
    982 KB · Views: 3
Mines just arrived this Friday (9/23/22), must have been a long trek to Canada. I plan on starting with the milder blades like the black beauty, then move on to the others. Btw can someone chime-in and let me know which blades are on the milder or sharper end of the spectrum?
That’s actually pretty quick! Canada post can take awhile. Glad you got them and looking forward to your reviews at Carbon Forest of Treets: A deep dive into carbon steel double-edge blades - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/carbon-forest-of-treets-a-deep-dive-into-carbon-steel-double-edge-blades.625422/
You can look there to see how the different blades have performed.

Top Bottom