What's new

TREET SUPER POWER

Just finished testing the new Treet Super Power DE blade....10 good shaves , shave #10 today showed a little loss of sharpness , but 10 shaves is good enough for me. The first 8 shaves were very smooth, no problems at all, shave #9 I could sense the blade was getting tired, and shave 10 was the last , no use stretching it out further...A very nice blade from TREET.

Attachments

• IMG_0920.JPG
    IMG_0920.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 120
Thanks for the heads up, ten decent shaves from a carbon steel blade is pretty impressive. Definitely want to give them a try out.

theitalianbarber.com is the only place I've ever seen them …. pretty close to the Plats...the best TREET blade I've used is the " 7 DAY "

theitalianbarber.com is the only place I've ever seen them …. pretty close to the Plats...the best TREET blade I've used is the " 7 DAY "

There's a seller on Ebay UK which sells them, only by the 10 pack though.

Mix Double Edge Razor Blades Create Your Own Sample Pack | eBay

That particular Ebay seller also have a blade which I think might be another Treet made blade 'Glide Super Platinum'
Super Glide Platinum Double Edge Razor Blades | eBay

I've used quite a lot of the Treet blades, and the 7 Days is the sharpest of the ones I have used (YMMV for sure).

There's a seller on Ebay UK which sells them, only by the 10 pack though.

Mix Double Edge Razor Blades Create Your Own Sample Pack | eBay

That particular Ebay seller also have a blade which I think might be another Treet made blade 'Glide Super Platinum'
Super Glide Platinum Double Edge Razor Blades | eBay

I've used quite a lot of the Treet blades, and the 7 Days is the sharpest of the ones I have used (YMMV for sure).
My money says they aren't made in Sweden , unless they are rebranded AETERNA blades , mediocre at best....
aterna-jilet.jpg

Thank you for this helpful discussion!

I purchased the Treet Super Power blades about 4-6 weeks ago from Italian Barber and I am highly impressed with these DE blades. I found them very smooth (noticeably so) but with nice efficiency, and the post shave feel was stellar!

I’ve used the Super Power blades in the JORIS razor, Tatara Masamune Nodachi, Fatip OC, Karve CC E-plate, Gillette Fatboy settings #5 and #7, and also with the new TRADERE OC razor from Blackland.
All the above razors shaved very well with the Super Power blades.
I plan to reorder the Super Power blades yet tonight, along with some super-duper PREP pre/post cream! (shameless plug) LOL

Most of the Treet blades do very well for me both stainless and carbon steel. I too like the Treet 7-Day blades (as mentioned by malocchio) plus Treet King, Platinums, DuraSharps.

I hope these blades catch on well in the marketplace for I believe they are outstanding and deserve a try!

Take care,
Mark Booth
Seattle, WA
USA

Thank you for this helpful discussion!

I purchased the Treet Super Power blades about 4-6 weeks ago from Italian Barber and I am highly impressed with these DE blades. I found them very smooth (noticeably so) but with nice efficiency, and the post shave feel was stellar!

I’ve used the Super Power blades in the JORIS razor, Tatara Masamune Nodachi, Fatip OC, Karve CC E-plate, Gillette Fatboy settings #5 and #7, and also with the new TRADERE OC razor from Blackland.
All the above razors shaved very well with the Super Power blades.
I plan to reorder the Super Power blades yet tonight, along with some super-duper PREP pre/post cream! (shameless plug) LOL

Most of the Treet blades do very well for me both stainless and carbon steel. I too like the Treet 7-Day blades (as mentioned by malocchio) plus Treet King, Platinums, DuraSharps.

I hope these blades catch on well in the marketplace for I believe they are outstanding and deserve a try!

Take care,
Mark Booth
Seattle, WA
USA
Great review Mark !.... Strange , but the latest blade, New Poer , is not even on their web product page .... Conventional Blades | Product categories | Treet Corporation - https://treetonline.com/product-category/treet-products/conventional-blades/

Interesting observation Malocchio!

I have a feeling that either this has to do with differing markets, or rebranding third party, or their website is not updated in a timely manner. Too often descriptions by certain manufacturers are far to nondescript which doesn’t serve the customer very well, in my opinion. Personna comes to mind too, which discloses little to zero information about their blades or their unique characteristics In my way of thinking. As a consumer it would help to have at least some support and informational insights about the products we enjoy! 😊

Digression: I work in the marketing in manufacturing world and going back many years… Global manufactures struggle with third-party rebranding which are essentially grey markets. Food manufacturers face this repackaging issue which is very disconcerting because they work very hard to keep perfect control of food quality assurance and date controls and package safety only to battle businesses that divert and sell to unauthorized sources and then back to market slightly different from the original or dramatically different in many cases. The world is full of unauthorized redistribution, repackaging and then reselling for penny profit into different markets without the permission of the original manufacturer.

I said a lot, perhaps too much… And this may have no application to the razor blade industry, but I suspect that like many consumables, the manufacturer has a constant battle to control their brand—liability and brand experience for their valued customers.

(forgive my digression) LOL!

Take care and be safe!

I have a feeling that either this has to do with differing markets, or rebranding third party, or their website is not updated in a timely manner. Too often descriptions by certain manufacturers are far to nondescript which doesn’t serve the customer very well, in my opinion. Personna comes to mind too, which discloses little to zero information about their blades or their unique characteristics In my way of thinking. As a consumer it would help to have at least some support and informational insights about the products we enjoy! 😊

Digression: I work in the marketing in manufacturing world and going back many years… Global manufactures struggle with third-party rebranding which are essentially grey markets. Food manufacturers face this repackaging issue which is very disconcerting because they work very hard to keep perfect control of food quality assurance and date controls and package safety only to battle businesses that divert and sell to unauthorized sources and then back to market slightly different from the original or dramatically different in many cases. The world is full of unauthorized redistribution, repackaging and then reselling for penny profit into different markets without the permission of the original manufacturer.

I said a lot, perhaps too much… And this may have no application to the razor blade industry, but I suspect that like many consumables, the manufacturer has a constant battle to control their brand—liability and brand experience for their valued customers.

Take care and be safe!
Welcome observations Mark !

Take care and be safe!

Interesting - the marketing part. I have no experience in the business but I do have observations about marketing, especially in the automotive industry. It can definitely make things very complicated.

I personally have at two or three Treet blades with different "marketing" that are supposed to be the same blade. I have Treet platinum with different packaging and Super Stainless and Super Stainless "Green." To be honest, I've never tried any of them back to back.

Just finished testing the new Treet Super Power DE blade....10 good shaves , shave #10 today showed a little loss of sharpness , but 10 shaves is good enough for me. The first 8 shaves were very smooth, no problems at all, shave #9 I could sense the blade was getting tired, and shave 10 was the last , no use stretching it out further...A very nice blade from TREET.
I had great hopes for the Super Power blades. I was looking for a carbon blade to beat the Teet Black Beauties. I got a smooth & irritation-free first shave with a Super Power. Pretty impressive. BUT ... the 2nd shave was tuggy & not as smooth. I'll use them as a 'one & done' blade, but so far, the Black Beauties work the best in my Goodwill & open comb Gillettes. The New Edge are a close 2nd place. I have a few mpore to try, but, so far it looks like the Black Beauties still offer the best longevity.

Top Bottom