What's new

Treet SE-blades

I have some new Treet SE carbon blades, made by ASR, Verona. I also have some old ones, made by Treet Safety Razor Corp, Newark. Is there any link with Treet Pakistan, or was it an other company, later bought by ASR?

Nope, the treet SE blades are still manufactured in the USA, and are available through ted pella, as are PAL blue blades

Pella sells Treets? Or do mean that (some of) the carbon blades he sells are actually Treets? I did see Pal carbon blades on his site.

You know what? you're right. It's what they sell as "GEM Blue Stars" that ted pella carries :blushing:
EMS diasum sells what appear to be uncoated carbon SE's that are probably unmarked Treets though. item # 71960/1

Yeah, I really like the Blue Stars a lot. The first time I tried a couple they didn't seem quite as smooth as the Treet, but that may have been operator error:blushing:or a couple of blades that were made on Monday or Friday.

I've really been curious about the carbon steel blades that TP and EMS both sell, specifically the 71962 from EMS and the 121-1 from TP.

Yeah, I really like the Blue Stars a lot. The first time I tried a couple they didn't seem quite as smooth as the Treet, but that may have been operator error:blushing:or a couple of blades that were made on Monday or Friday.

I've really been curious about the carbon steel blades that TP and EMS both sell, specifically the 71962 from EMS and the 121-1 from TP.

IIUC the 121-1 from Pella would be the Blue Star (or equal to).

IIUC the 121-1 from Pella would be the Blue Star (or equal to).

In my opinion the Treet seems to be a bit sharper than the Blue Star and they also seem to be a bit more expensive, which leads me to wonder if the Treets are triple facet, while the Blue Star is the double facet version. THAT IS PURE, 100% SPECULATION ON MY PART AND IS NOT GROUNDED IN FACT!:lol:

That makes me wonder if the 121-1, which TP describes as "Best quality 3 facet blade, single edge," would be more like the Treet?

And no, I have never tried a Pal blade. I look in every little drug and grocery store I come across and can usually find either the Treet and or Blue Stars, but have never found the Pal.

I wonder which branded SE blade (Treet or PAL) the generic SEs available at CVS equate to? I know they're made by ASR because the dispenser is marked as such even though there's no indication of the manufacturer on the exterior packaging. I've found these to be pretty good, sharp blades albeit not long-lived - about 3-4 shaves which is about what I'd expect from a carbon steel blade.

And no, I have never tried a Pal blade. I look in every little drug and grocery store I come across and can usually find either the Treet and or Blue Stars, but have never found the Pal.

If I recall, my local Food Lion sells Pal Super Single blades. I would be happy to pick some up and drop them in the mail if you like.

I bought some of the Pal blue carbon blades from EMS a while ago. Finally tried one this morning. Quick shave wetting face with cold water, using Oliveology (small blob in left palm, enough to reapply to face for each pass), Pal blade loaded in a Gem G-bar. A little tugging (I attribute this to not taking the time to shower to properly moisturize my face), but a very fine shave, pretty BBS.

Only my second time using the Oliveology, I'm liking it so far. First time using the G-bar, have used the OC micromatic mostly; have a few other SE razors waiting in the wings to try out soon. Too many variables introduced to give a fair comparison to the Ted Pella blades. Overall, I like the shave I got, no irritation (just a little tugging). Thanks for starting this thread and encouraging me to finally getting around to using these blades that have been sitting in the box.

I applied some blade oil to the blade after washing it and wiping it dry. It'll probably be at least a couple of days before I shave again, my facial hair grows pretty slowly.

Top Bottom