What's new

Treet Platinums good? What about Trig blades?

Anyone have experience with Treets or Trig Silver Edge?

I can find both of these very cheap, but im,not sure on the difference between them.

Platinums are great, a very smooth, yet plenty sharp blade. The Treet Dura Sharps though, are absolutely fantastic if you can acquire some of those should give 'em a go as well.

I heard the Trig blades are more forgiving than the Treet Platinum

But Trigs aren't commonly tlked about. Tree has so many varieties of DE blades. They also have a Trac II style cartridge.

I find the Trigs to give a soft shave. I feel like they would be good for aggressive razor heads.

Is the Treet Platinum sharp at all? I've got a superspeed

I've been very impressed with Treet Platinums. Sharp enough, no razor burn and very forgiving – one of those blades that don't nick and drag easily. I've tossed mine after four shaves because of diminishing returns and don't see the need to push blade life when they are so cheap.

I like the Treet platinum over the Trig. I bought 25 of each to try and to share with a couple of friends last October (celebrating Trig or Treet).

I found a few of the Trig blades to be nicked while all the Treet blades were good shavers

Does anyone know anything about...
Treet Dura Sharp in the blueish..
Color packaging, are they Carbon..
or Stainless steel, do they feel Sharp. .
Or Smooth to you, just from your experience. .
I realize ,, YMMV

Last edited:
I feel like the Trigs work best in an aggressive cutting head.

The Platinums worked good in a Superspeed, but I had to make sure to give a light touch. Otherwise, they would give me tons of weepers

I have 2 shaves with a Treet Platinum in my Ikon Tech and must say I'm very impressed!
Sharp and smooth. I honestly thought it was not going to be a good blade, but it really is working well for me!
One of the best I've tried in the Ikon Tech.
I will have to see how long it lasts... :001_smile

Treet Platinum is my goto blade. Plenty sharp and extremely smooth. Astra SP is rough in comparison.

I've used Trig a few times and from what I remember they were good blades as well, but not Treet Platinum good.

Treet's carbon steel blades are excellent as well.

I like the Treet Platinum. Its Treet's top-of-the-line stainless steel blade. No experience with the Trig.

In @cw62803 memorable Christmas Blade War throw-down the Trig bested Astra Superior Platinum.

I like both blades.I do not detect much differences between the two although i am convinced they are not the same.
Smooth and sharp blades that never reward my face with weepers or nicks.
If i had to choose between the two,i'd say the treet platinums would be the chosen one.
The reason i prefer these blades over the trig are:
1.The price
2.The availability
3.The fact that i need to use more trig blades, to ensure the high quality of their shaves.

Top Bottom