What's new

Treet DE Blades - Any Treet Fans?

I just went back to a Treet Black Beauty after a month with a Wizamet (great blade!).

It's great to be back! Nothing gives me shaves like a Black Beauty. Absolute perfection!!!

Treet New Edge vs Lab Blues. Kinda like Bambi vs Godzilla at first glance. In an actual left face vs right, it was another story altogether.

Whipped up a Favorite Shannon's Soaps flavor with my Cremo Horsehair, loaded the Krona, then went to work. The Lab Blue had 3 shaves on it & was as BBS close & smooth as it gets. The Treet Carbon New Edge was on its' 2nd shave, the first being smoother and more capable than my experience with a carbon Treet Black Beauty.

Results? Not what I expected - both blades gave equivalent shaves. Must have been the soap ...

Yes, about 230 million of them.

That's the population of Pakistan.

I talked to some foreign students from Pakistan, and they said Treet blades are the best in the world! So they take a lot of pride in them, with some justification.

Can you name any other consumer product from Pakistan that you have bought or even heard of? Can't think of any others I have seen in the U.S., though I may not have noticed.

Not to be patronizing, but when I see fine blades made in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, etc., I am quite happy to buy them and support their economies. And I think the Dura Sharp carbon and 7 Days platinum are very fine blades.

I hope the folks running Treet realize how important it is for them to maintain quality control, as a vital part of national identity and pride.

Yes, about 230 million of them.

That's the population of Pakistan.

I talked to some foreign students from Pakistan, and they said Treet blades are the best in the world! So they take a lot of pride in them, with some justification.

Can you name any other consumer product from Pakistan that you have bought or even heard of? Can't think of any others I have seen in the U.S., though I may not have noticed.

Not to be patronizing, but when I see fine blades made in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, etc., I am quite happy to buy them and support their economies. And I think the Dura Sharp carbon and 7 Days platinum are very fine blades.

I hope the folks running Treet realize how important it is for them to maintain quality control, as a vital part of national identity and pride.
you pakistani?

the battle of blades between india and pakistan is interesting, just like the rivalry in cricket lol

Eben Stone

Staff member
I tried a Treet blade today for the first time. Platinum super stainless. I achieved a very close shave using my Blackland Dart (that's to be expected) but I got some alum burn for the first time in months. Skin feels a little sore. Not a good blade for me.

For comparison, yesterday I achieved a slightly closer shave using a Gillette Nacet #4 and zero alum burn. Skin felt fantastic after that shave.

I'll give it another try tomorrow, but I cant imagine the quality of the shave improving any.

Last edited:

Eben Stone

Staff member
2nd shave with the Treet was better, but this time I used a Gillette post-war Tech instead of the Blackland Dart. Didn't achieve a very close shave but I didn't get any irritstion either. That's not saying much because IMO it's impossible to get any irritation with the Tech. I'm still trying to decide if I should give this blade another try in the Dart.

New Treet classic today did fine, not great but not bad either. And no irritation!

Let’s see if it improves over the next few shaves.

If I remember some of your blade reviews correctly, I wouldn't push that classic past 4 shaves for your whiskers. As a reference, I get two. Tried three, no irritation, just doesn't cut at all. Not unhappy.

If I remember some of your blade reviews correctly, I wouldn't push that classic past 4 shaves for your whiskers. As a reference, I get two. Tried three, no irritation, just doesn't cut at all. Not unhappy.

That pretty much fits with my experience!! :straight: :straight:

I've used the Treet Platinum (orange box) and Treet Classic (carbon Steel). Both were good, I think I prefer the Classic over the Platinum. Feedback from the alum block was very low with both, I think the Classic was a little more comfortable. I forget how many shaves I got out of the Platinum, 4 or 5. I stopped there because I wanted to try something else. I got 6 out of the Classic.

Eben Stone

Staff member
Achieved a great shave using the Blackland Dart / Treet 7 days Platinum (1). Pleasantly surprised.

Night and day difference between the "Treet 7 Days Platinum" and "Treet Platinum." IMO the Treet Platinum is terrible, maybe the worst blade I've used so far.

I'm fairly new to the traditional wet shave. I've already tried the Astra green, Rapira platinum lux, Dorco titan. however the Treet black beauties are the only ones that give me a close and nickless shave almost everytime. The only thing is that they don't last very long. After 3 shaves I feel that it's not as efficient and my neck is a bit red... But still no nicks and cuts. So at the minute I can say that I'm a Treet afficionado. ;) PS: I pair them with a Muhle R41

It sounds like you are ready to try Gillette Rubies and Bolzanos. Head on over to "The mildest blades" thread. :thumbup1:
Are you a mild blades devotee? How these two compare to the Treet carbon steel? I like the smoothness of the treet's first shave and its forgiveness but I think I'd like a blade that is also a bit more durable.

Top Bottom