What's new

Treet DE Blades - Any Treet Fans?

Are these the treet black beauty you're on about?

Like the little saying on the blade lol 😅

View attachment 1282201

Those are the ones! The one and only Black Beauties!

Which do you like better?

I've never used the 7 Days but the Dura Sharp's are quite good. Those and the Classics seem to be the most popular. They're carbon but white steel, not blacked.

Some carbon Treets are coated with Teflon for corrosion resistance and shave quality (not Black Beauties though). Those I don't like as much- they definitely feel sharper but they're not as gentle to me. And they're more expensive, closer in price- usually 10 cents or so, as opposed to a nickel per Black Beauty or, for me, less than a penny per amazing shave.

I suspect, although I've never examined them under a microscope, that they probably all are ground the same, ie they probably all have the same edge and what varies is the steel and the coatings if any. Again, I have no knowledge but this is my suspicion. I read somewhere that Black Beauties are made with Swedish steel, which explains the quality shaves I get with them. Regardless, I just stick with Black Beauties because I can and because they're cheap as dirt.

But I'm one of the lucky ones, thankfully...

By the way, I'm not generally too price sensitive but I really love the win of spending a few bucks per year on blades that also happen to give me the best shaves of all. For me it's the principle of the thing. Not many wins like that left in this world!

I’ve used the Black Beauties before.
Years ago I had some. They had no longevity but delivered 2 super smooth shaves. No irritation at all! I should get some more of them since they ARE so cool looking.

Reactions: saj

Eben Stone

Staff member
Not sure if it was curiosity or boredom, but I just ordered some Treet platinum, 7 day, and classic, along with a few other random blades. I have no idea what to expect, but I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Are there any special instructions for taking care of these blades between shaves? I've read putting them in alcohol or oil. Anything besides that?

Those are the ones! The one and only Black Beauties!

I've never used the 7 Days but the Dura Sharp's are quite good. Those and the Classics seem to be the most popular. They're carbon but white steel, not blacked.

Some carbon Treets are coated with Teflon for corrosion resistance and shave quality (not Black Beauties though). Those I don't like as much- they definitely feel sharper but they're not as gentle to me. And they're more expensive, closer in price- usually 10 cents or so, as opposed to a nickel per Black Beauty or, for me, less than a penny per amazing shave.

I suspect, although I've never examined them under a microscope, that they probably all are ground the same, ie they probably all have the same edge and what varies is the steel and the coatings if any. Again, I have no knowledge but this is my suspicion. I read somewhere that Black Beauties are made with Swedish steel, which explains the quality shaves I get with them. Regardless, I just stick with Black Beauties because I can and because they're cheap as dirt.

But I'm one of the lucky ones, thankfully...

By the way, I'm not generally too price sensitive but I really love the win of spending a few bucks per year on blades that also happen to give me the best shaves of all. For me it's the principle of the thing. Not many wins like that left in this world!
Didn't know about swedish steel

I’ve used the Black Beauties before.
Years ago I had some. They had no longevity but delivered 2 super smooth shaves. No irritation at all! I should get some more of them since they ARE so cool looking.
I read that a lot about treets, no irritation us a big thing for me as I have sensitive skin

Not sure if it was curiosity or boredom, but I just ordered some Treet platinum, 7 day, and classic, along with a few other random blades. I have no idea what to expect, but I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Are there any special instructions for taking care of these blades between shaves? I've read putting them in alcohol or oil. Anything besides that?
Cool how many you got and how much it set you back?

Somehow my earlier post disappeared... So here it is once again.
My first impression of the Treet Carbon Black Beauties
*Fatip Slant* - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/fatip-slant.576422/post-11258417
and
*Fatip Slant* - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/fatip-slant.576422/post-11259117

In short, a very smooth blade. Cheap but not the sharpest, not the most durable. Very recommended for extreme buffing, but not for shaving off a several day stubble.
Sorry to sound daft but what do you mean by buffing?

I recently tried Treet Platinums as well and found they work quite well in both mild and moderately aggressive razors. There's a good chance they'll find their way into my regular rotation down the road.

Reactions: saj
Treet Platinum is all I use. I am no blade aficionado, but I bought 200 of them once and they work great for me. I use them in all my razors. Maybe there is better out there? BUt if they are working for me, I have not developed the urge to go a hunting. No blade rabbit hole for this guy.

To prevent corrosion I use the straight razor trick of four parts alcohol to one part mineral oil. I shake the razor dry and blow on it and then swish the razor head in the mix. Then shake it dry and put away.

For what it's worth, I've been doing that to a Wizamet sample blade and so far I'm on shave 22! It's my first Wizamet and after shave 6 when I saw it could really go I started swishing it in the alcohol/oil to get maximum longetivity. (Stainless also corrodes, but just on the surface,which protects layers below and makes it "stainless".)

But for just a sample Treet or two I wouldn't bother with the mix. You may not like them and there's no reason to invest in them yet. Just remove it from the razor and pat it dry very well. Remove all moisture and store.

Enjoy!

Sorry to sound daft but what do you mean by buffing?
Blade buffing is when one does not lift the head of the razor in between shaving strokes. By moving the blade in the opposite direction of the shaving stroke lightly, you repeatedly go over a particular area on the face. Make sure your face is extremely wet and lubricated and no pressure whats so ever. (as some-one said on B&B, way better then I can)

Blade buffing is when one does not lift the head of the razor in between shaving strokes. By moving the blade in the opposite direction of the shaving stroke lightly, you repeatedly go over a particular area on the face. Make sure your face is extremely wet and lubricated and no pressure whats so ever. (as some-one said on B&B, way better then I can)
Ohh yea I've been doing that for years, I enjoy doing it tbh not sure it that's because I'm a head shaver?

Just tried the Platinums with my Lupo 95. First impression is that this is a good "not-so-sharp" blade. I didn't have much luck with other medium sharp blades, but this one seems to agree with my face, so I will use them (at least the tuck of 10 I have, every now and then). It has no issues taking down my stubble, but requires a bit more cleanup because it doesn't get so close as other blades. Smoothness is great. Got no weepers or irritation from it.

Top Bottom