What's new

Treet DE Blades - Any Treet Fans?

hello people so never tried a treet de blade but will try one out the sampler pack i got,
i am a bit confused tbh with the amount of treet blades out there,
so i was wondering how many differe treet de blades are there and what are their called exactly?

the ones i've seen online are the treet platinums, treet new steel and treet dura sharp,
the prices for these treet blades are amazing, i mean ive seen 1000 treet platinums for like £24 delivered,

my question is are these treet blades any good?
i mean how do they compare sharpness and smoothness wise to other blades?

There are many different kinds of Treet DEs. I have tried a lot of them. I like a lot of them.

I really liked the Platinums and classics. The carbon blue blades were good for only two shaves, but they are a throwback. I only tried a couple Trigs and wasn't impressed.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I’m seeing 100 for about $10 but mixed reviews. And possibly the wrong brand shipped. I’d suggest try a blade to buy a few before committing to 1000! That’s a lot of blades. 😁

I miss a Treet, onion and cheese on seven grain bread.

711EE8C2-B0AC-495B-BD13-863E2A7C4570.jpeg

Black carbon steel blades, average shave and ONLY one shave. Tried rinsing in alcohol and drying. Waste of money. I like Bic, Nacet and Personna.

There's something about the Treet Black Beauties. Yeah, they don't have the greatest longevity, and they are prone to staining or rusting after using them, but man o man, throw on the aftershave and getting NO burn at all? That's awesome.

I'm glad to see Treets getting some love around here!

I've tried all their carbon blades and the Black Beauties give me the best shave of any DE blade I've ever used (including Kai, Feather, Wizamet, Rubie, Bolzano, Nacet, GSB, Derby, etc etc). Black Beauties give me by far the closest and gentlest and longest lasting shaves of all. Zero irritation, zero nicks, pure bliss.

I also get 6 shaves out of them and I average 3 to 5 shaves on all others except Wizamet (I'm on shave 20+ on my current one).

The other Treet carbons I find a little harsh compared to the Black Beauties. Still great shaves but not as gentle. The black beauties give me a shave comparable to a straight razor with zero bumps or leathery skin feeling that ALL stainless blades give me.

I paid $55 for 1000 Black Beauties so at five and a half cents each I'm extremely happy with them! They come in handy packs of ten, the packaging is a time warp, and a couple of tucks lasts me a year!

However, my love for them is definitely the exception. Most people seem to find them useless. My beard must be average so I guess it's my technique and the fact that I want to use old school carbon.

I find a light corking really helps initially and then a light palm stopping at the 4th or so shave.

Regarding rust prevention, I just shake the razor and blow it dry and then use the old straight razor trick of dunking the head (blade still in) into 4 parts alcohol and one part mineral oil. I live in a very humid climate and no signs of rust- the blade dulls long before corrosion begins.

I love the shaves. Love the old school carbon (carbon straights are better shavers too). I love a decreased carbon footprint (stainless is more energy intensive) and the fact that they'll eventually just dissolve back into iron oxide (rather than sit there forever like stainless). And I really love the price!

Last edited:
I'm glad to see Treets getting some love around here!

I've tried all their carbon blades and the Black Beauties give me the best shave of any DE blade I've ever used (including Kai, Feather, Wizamet, Rubie, Bolzano, Nacet, GSB, Derby, etc etc). Black Beauties give me by far the closest and gentlest and longest lasting shaves of all. Zero irritation, zero nicks, pure bliss.

I also get 6 shaves out of them and I average 3 to 5 shaves on all others except Wizamet (I'm on shave 20+ on my current one).

The other Treet carbons I find a little harsh compared to the Black Beauties. Still great shaves but not as gentle. The black beauties give me a shave comparable to a straight razor with zero bumps or leathery skin feeling that ALL stainless blades give me.

I paid $55 for 1000 Black Beauties so at five and a half cents each I'm extremely happy with them! They come in handy packs of ten, the packaging is a time warp, and a couple of tucks lasts me a year!

However, my love for them is definitely the exception. Most people seem to find them useless. My beard must be average so I guess it's my technique and the fact that I want to use old school carbon.

I find a light corking really helps initially and then a light palm stopping at the 4th or so shave.

Regarding rust prevention, I just shake the razor and blow it dry and then use the old straight razor trick of dunking the head (blade still in) into 4 parts alcohol and one part mineral oil. I live in a very humid climate and no signs of rust- the blade dulls long before corrosion begins.

I love the shaves. Love the old school carbon (carbon straights are better shavers too). I love a decreased carbon footprint (stainless is more energy intensive) and the fact that they'll eventually just dissolve back into iron oxide (rather than sit there forever like stainless). And I really love the price!
Are these the treet black beauty you're on about?

Like the little saying on the blade lol 😅

dcp_1298.jpg

Top Bottom